Honda CBR 600RR Forum banner

1 - 19 of 19 Posts

·
Registered
639 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
whats up guys. well the other day i was riding and i was going about 85mph and all of sudden my bike shut off while i was riding(never happened before)so while my bike is dieing im pulling over to the side of the highway. i tried to start it back up and i couldnt. i tried again and again. my friend even tried to push me and start it and that didnt work. looked like doing that made it worse. so i got it towed back to my house(which cost me alot).so now im back at the house and i take the seat out and see that i blew a 20 volt fuse in rear(i think its called fi fuse).so i replace it and i have a battery tender and i let my bike charge over night for 2 days and in storage. so it tells my the battery is good now and the fuse is in, and i looked for anything else to be wrong. so i put everything back and start the bike. the bike starts up fine but after 1 min. it starts to rumble and not sound smooth. so now im pissed and i go to rev it up and it shut off on me.WHAT THE FCK. i start it back up and rev it up again past 3 rpms and it rumbled to shut off but didnt. then i rev it a couple of times and shut off on me again..this never happened before. i dont know whats wrong..i need major help.

·
Registered
899 Posts
just a shot in the dark, but i had some bad gas in my old bike and it did the same thing...i had to get my carburetur reworked which REALLY sucked...try putting some different gas in. do you have a powercommander?

·
Registered
391 Posts
yeah could be bad gas. I had that problem on my f4i once after I hauled it up from florida. Could also be fouled plugs.

·
Registered
639 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
i do not have a power commander. before i went on that ride i filled up with new gas for the ride. this never happend before this day. i also had the krazy eyes hooked up to my battery power. i thought that killed my battery and caused my fi fuse to blow. so i disconnected it form battery. not hooked up anymore. im going to see my bike now and see whats going on now..ill be back ..thanks for the help thus far guys..please keep info coming

·
Registered
639 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
damn it every time i post my thread never goes up on new post's. why not...this site not being done already is killing me inside.agggggrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrr....................sorry bike still pissing me off..i wanna ride so bad...

·
Registered
321 Posts
bad gas or battery connection

·
Registered
147 Posts
Get a volt meter and check the battery to see if the battery is still good. I had this problem as well on my 05, and it turned out the battery was fawked. I could put it on the tender and it would start for about 2-3 minutes then die...Even while riding...Just a shot in the dark...Could be bad gas as well.

·
Registered
611 Posts
Check ur local parts store...it wont be the factory yuasa battery, but a battery is a battery. Just make sure you buy one of the higher models, and it might even come with a warranty. When I bought the battery for my car(civic) I paid only something like 75 bux from pep boys.......
ok i just came back from stealership and they wanted $130. so i walked out and came here.. i know for sure somehere knows where i can get a better deal at. any help where i can get one fast..

·
Registered
32 Posts

yeah - batteries are damn expensive. I've herd you can get a "motorcycle" batter at GI Joes - and my friend did it and it worked fine. it was like $50 - $70 - and thats a steal. sounds like the battery would fix yer problem though... it fixed mine.

·
Registered
639 Posts
Discussion Starter #16
ok i switched my battery with a new one and bike starts up fine and stays on but i still get that noise from bike but it dosent shut off this time. so i went out riding and it was shutting off on me while riding at times not all the time and while i am riding i start it right up again by pulling in clutch. then i just keep on going..i have ti find out whats wrong with my baby its making me soooooooooooo mad and sad that i cant ride......

1 - 19 of 19 Posts