Honda CBR 600RR Forum banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
So I was working on my 06 600rr. when I was connecting the battery I forgot that the key was turn to the on position. I heard something pop and now there is no power to any of the lights and the cluster. I check the 30a fuse under the seat and the all the fuse on the left side all the fuse are fine. Anyone have any idea what else I can check and where?

·
Administrator
51,151 Posts
I am speculating you have checked the spare fuse that is under the seat and not the main one that usually blows if there is a short at the battery which is why you heard that pop sound always connect the negative terminal first then the positive after it's a 30 Amp in a smaller compartment next to the battery

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter #3 (Edited)
At first I was checking the spare. then found the main fuse and the fuse is ok. still no power. the t tail lights work but nothing else. no clock. I checked all the fuse and the ground box.

·
Administrator
51,151 Posts
What is the condition of the battery & it's terminals also you will have to check all the electrical components such as - ECU - rectifier/ regulator - starter - coils something got fried instead of the fuse blowing up to protect the circuits it seems to me this won't be an easy fix

1 - 4 of 4 Posts