Honda CBR 600RR Forum banner

1 - 20 of 28 Posts

·
Registered
75 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
My buddy, Hassan, just picked up his '04 Black 600RR today. It is his replacement for his recently stolen RR.

Anyhow, he rode it home and his gf called him and she had to go somewhere. Being the nice friend I am, I let him take out my R. (btw: it's a single R for Integra Type R. :p ) So he told me to hold on to his keys and said I could ride it but don't go far. He had a total of 40 miles on the odometer. I just went for a quick spin and I'm now at 112miles. :twisted:

My future fellow 600RR owners, is there a way to roll back the odometer??? LoL

I swear I've been gone for like 5 minutes.

·
Registered
937 Posts
Bro, he's got your ride... how are you not going to take his for at least a spin?

·
Registered
111 Posts
Just tell him that you couldn't mix gas when you went to fill it up. Make sure you fill the tank before you return it. 112 miles its almost time for a fill up anyways.

·
Administrator
51,144 Posts
if hassan and you are truly friends then it should not be a problem you trusted him with you car and vice cersa so you got nothing to worry about :D :D :D

·
Ya'll betta RECKOGNIZE!!!!
2,926 Posts
just tell him you are helping him to get the odometer up so that people will know the bike is actually used and its not a show piece...

maybe he didnt know there was only 40 on beofore you went for a ride..

·
Registered
75 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
mtc said:
tell him you wont charge him a break in fee, its on the house. :D
LoL...he found out just a minute ago. He was upset that he didn't break it in. But I offered to wash it and change the oil for him.

He can't drive fast on my car because his girl is with him.

I'll have some more pics up soon!

·
Registered
544 Posts
um ok, he has your super rare IT-R, that no matter what the year is still around $20k, "stock" and he dosnt want you riding his cbr-RR thats worth $8k, hmm if my buddy let me take his IT-R out, i would let him go as far, and do whatever he wants on my bike, just make him sighn a waver that says if he crashes the car is mine!!!!!!

im such a ****
Tim

·
Administrator
51,144 Posts
i am sure any one of us in motorcycle land would love to ride any one of those
bikes even if it was for one lap :D :D i hope you liked the picture and thanks for checking it out :lol2: :lol2:

·
Registered
586 Posts
No, you guys he actually told me that he was going to take it for a SMALL SPIN. and i would much rather ride my bike than his car. But i didnt really care. except for the fact that he abused my last bike and told me after it was stolen. But len is a great friend so i dont care. this just takes me less miles to rev it. :bounce:

·
Registered
75 Posts
Discussion Starter #17
Abused? Why on earth would I do that? :twisted: Not my fault the fun limiter is at 15.5K. Hehehe...j/k

Besides I broke the tires in for you too. Got like about a 1/4" left from the outside on the rear tires. :D

Here:

·
Registered
429 Posts
Len: Awesome picture and an awesome bike! Just a tad big for those of us on dial-up, but it was worth the time it took!

V

·
0 Posts
Just tell him you were scrubbing in the new tires for him so that when he got back he could ride it hard and not worry about sliding out the tires.

·
Registered
196 Posts
I hope you weren't redlining it all over town during the break-in period. There are differing opinions on this, but if someone went out and raced my new bike all over town without having it broke in properly, I would be PISSED!!

1 - 20 of 28 Posts