Honda CBR 600RR Forum banner

1 - 20 of 67 Posts

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
i need help making up my mind. this will be my first bike. I have been looking into these for a while now and have been between these two. I think that the RR is the best looking bike on the market but i have never rode one yet. the only thing that keeps pushing me back to the GSX R is the feel. every time that i get on the RR the seat feels soo harsh. And everyone that i talk to says its the most uncomfortable bike. But the people that i am talking to are not owners. Is the seat really bad? does it just feel bad because it not being ridden and im just sitting on a new bike? thanks.

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
did it feel like a brick when it was new? did it brake in? do you reccomend this for a first bike? thanks

·
Administrator
51,143 Posts
if you do not like the seat upgrade to a corbin seat and you wont regret it

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
thats great to know. anything else i need to know about this bike? any problems? recalls? should i wait for an 06? thanks

·
Registered
3,372 Posts
honestly, the stock seat doesn't bother me anymore. it'll break in. you'll get used to it and then you'll want to be in that saddle all the time! i was hurtin' my first couple of weeks and then i put some miles one the RR and everything got comfotable.

good luck with the bike!

·
Registered
3,900 Posts
I will not get into whether or not this is a good first bike.

I will say this... You can buy it and ride it and never wreck it. But I could say that about a Hayabusa as well.

As for helping you make your decision. I think you know what you want and you are looking for some affirmation. If you want it. Get it. That is the beauty of it all. You can buy what ever "YOU" want.

·
Registered
3,547 Posts
moeman said:
if you do not like the seat upgrade to a corbin seat and you wont regret it
i second that. but i have also broken in my orignal seat and have no problems with it. as for a first bike, mine was a Suzuki RF900...and i would have much rather had this one. but it taught me to respect bikes. was f'n heavy though!! btw, did we mention....GET AN RR!!! hee hee

·
0 Posts
I think opinions might run a little biast around here but i personally like the RR.

·
Registered
206 Posts
in MY OPINION, the gixxer felt more "sluggish" to me. the RR felt "sharp" in every action performed, braking, accelerating, cornering, everything. the 600RR is my first bike. be careful, dont do anything stupid, and have some self control, and you will be FINE.

get your bike, take the MSF class, get some gear, and RIDE SAFE....

·
Registered
2,824 Posts
from what I know personally about the RR and what magazines have confirmed about the GSXR is that the RR is built to a much higher quality..one magazine(not to bench race) wrecked(low sided) a GSXR and they said it was basically totalled..again that was just what I've read out of a mag..I haven't low sided mine..knock on wood.

·
Registered
27 Posts
My friend(the kind man that he is) let me take his 03 750gixxer out all the time last year. When it was time for me to get my bike(I'm a HONDA man always have been) it was the RR. To me (not everyone) the RR has a better feel all around. After you get over the seat. First week I was sitting on a ice pack after riding. Now it doesn't bother me at all.

p.s. Get the RR! lol

·
Registered
492 Posts
RR seats not that bad. If you want confort get a cruzer. Or just live with it. Made for performance not comfort.

·
Registered
351 Posts
Once again this is an RR Forum so 98% of us are on here because we bought Hondas over the others so we will say get the RR.
If you are debating between a 600RR or gixxer600...def the 600RR
but if you are debating between 600RR and a gixxer750 I would def. go with the 750.This bike is insane and with 2 equally good drivers the 750 is right on the liter bikes ass.

That being said if you have no previous riding experience and are not a patient learner i wouldnt get any of these bikes as a first bike.
Many poeple have gotten the RR as their first bike with no riding experience but you hear of half of these poeple crashing/dumping doing whatever to their bikes (if you have money to throw away then thats fine lol) and the other half have taken their time and patience to learn how to ride and get to know the bike. and i'm not talking hopping on the bike second day and riding on a road. Week or so parking lot practice then going on slow traffic riding practicing your stop's/go's and eventually going from there.

Anyway
Hope this helps

·
Registered
1,228 Posts
Here's you a comparison. Nobody on here take this as me not loving my RR cause I do. My best friend bought a 05 Gixxer 600 the same day I bought my 05 600RR. This is my take of his bike vs. mine.

1. Comfort goes to the extra padded seat on the Suzuki, which as was said before you can buy a new seat from Corbin to make up on the RR. I wish I could take his seat and put it on my bike. In Hondas defense the harder seat is designed for racing in corners so you can slide easily from side to side while cornering which can't be done on an extra padded seat as well.
  2. Speed is about equal after all there both 600cc, the main difference is the rider. :) I'm better than he is, I can say that cause he's not here. Seriously Under 6000 rpm I think his has a little more pep than my rr due to the dual stage fuel injection not kicking in on the RR until 6000 rpm but I'm not sure cause we've yet to line them up from a dead stop.
  3. Customer Friendly (or rider friendly)-- This will probably tick a few people off here but it's truth. Honda charges you $150 for a rear plastic seat cover Vs. Suzuki which is free. Hondas you have to cut out the fairings to install your frame sliders vs. Suzuki you just take out the mount bolts and screw in the frame sliders. With Slip on exhaust install Honda you have to take the whole tail section off along with most of the side of the bike (which is a pain) then you have some sort of mesh donut gasket covered in some sort of lead like material (cheap IMO)that may or MAY NOT tear up fitting your new S/O back up (mine tore up) vs suzuki loosen 4 bolts and one hanger bolt take out the STEEL (no chance of tearing up) donut gasket and put it in with the new S/O and your done in 5 minutes, but the undertail exhaust on the RR looks much better and is probably worth the trouble. Fender eliminators -- on the Honda you have to either make one or buy one to get rid of the mud flap in the back Vs Suzuki which you can take the flap off and screw the tag into the undertail and your done. Steering dampers -- Suzuki comes with one stock (cant verify how good it is) Honda doesn't come with one.
  4. Looks now here's where Honda wins hands down, I don't even think it's close in this department.
Maybe this info will help you and good luck on your choice.

1 - 20 of 67 Posts