Honda CBR 600RR Forum banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
51 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
i wrecked my bike 2 weeks ago and claimed it on insurance. got an estimate from a shop they quoted $7568 to repair it. my insurance company decided it was a total loss. so i figure ok ill just buy the bike back and fix it cuz the damage is really only about $1500. i financed the bike and still owe alot on it. my insurance company told me that i can keep the bike and get a check for around $4000 or let them take the bike and get a check for around $7000. then today they say that if i keep it they give the $4000 check to the finance company and i keep the busted bike. shouldnt they give me the check and the finance company stays out of it? anyone that has been through similar to this and advice or comments would be huge help.

·
Registered
1,115 Posts
Your financial Institution technically owns that bike. They get first dibs. Since you already claimed it on your insurance, just let your insurance company pay it off and then get a new one.

·
Registered
51 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
id rather be able to put some aftermarket parts on it and keep the bike i have. i will take me a good month or two if i wait for my gap coverage to pay off the rest of the loan and then ill have to go through the whole process of financing a bike again. i guess it would help if my insurance guy wasnt a total idiot and could answer some of my questions without having to ask his supervisor and call me back.

1 - 4 of 4 Posts