Honda CBR 600RR Forum banner

1 - 20 of 30 Posts

·
Registered
7 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I have been looking into getting a 600RR for about a month as my first bike. I've been snooping around the classifieds all over but I just came across this: http://cgi.ebay.com/ebaymotors...%3AIT

This is exactly what I want (make, color scheme, etc.) and the guy lives 20 minutes from me to boot! The only thing that catches my attention is that the price seems awful low! I just emailed him asking the following questions:

1. Has the bike ever been dropped? (Is there any damage on it?)
2. How does the bike run? (The condition of the motor)
3. Exactly how many miles are on it? (The picture says 6,407 but you claim 3,400)
3. Is there anything I should know about it? 4. Why are you selling?

Is there anything that I'm missing here? Please help me out guys! Any input is appreciated! :thumbup:

·
Registered
369 Posts
I would be leary of this guy. But still check it out. If it's that cheap and it's not been totaled take his arm off!!!!!

·
Registered
5,488 Posts
Sounds fishy. He's got 3400 listed as the miles in the auction, but the picture of the odometer shows 6407. The price is way too low, and I'm pretty sure I've seen that exact listing before.

Take the VIN that is given and run it through DMV.

Also, why don't you just ask him if you can see the bike prior to bidding? If he's serious about selling the bike, he'll be more than willing to oblige.

Good luck, and don't get taken!

·
Registered
7 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
Yep, I agree. I would never buy it unless I went there to check it out with a couple of my buddies who are knowledgable about bikes

·
Registered
247 Posts
Based on cyclescientific's link, im willing to bet he wrecked it, painted it and is now selling it. "IT HAS A 2 STAGE BLACK PAINT JOB".

Be careful and good luck. I like to see how he responds to your email.

·
Deeze
1,160 Posts
why are we even talking about this. Of course it's a rip off, even if it was still wrecked it wouldn't have a 2800 price on it. All of the scams have the low buy it now. If you buy it I'm sure the guy is out of the country for the summer and you need to send the money to italy or some ****.

ITS A SCAM.

·
Registered
1,176 Posts
douglasgraham said:
Its a rip off just based on the mileage being different from the photo to the ad.
I wouldn't go that far. It smells fishy, but if the bike had been wrecked and repaired the painted, could be diff cluster. I know I have a cluster on my duc that says I have 400 miles on a 2000 996, but I know my bike has 10kish, just bought new/cooler looking cluster for it.

Find out what this guy is all about and let us know

·
Resident Leg-Humper Females Beware
6,874 Posts
don't waste your time checking it out. it's a rippoff and a scam. anyone that screws up mileage like that and has to describe the stock technical specs of the bike is complete BS.

·
Post Whore Extraordinaire
19,904 Posts
hes gonna write you back saying its in europe and you pay and he ships, or that its with a shipping compnay and all you have to do is pay em and they will bring it to you.
almost got caught in one.

I believe there are once in a blue moon dreams, and then there are once in a lefetime deals, and then there is too good to be true.
the later ones are very similar and are often hard to distinguish.

Basically, on anything as insane as that, dont send money, take money and a big 6+ foot tall buddy and go check it out. bring "tools" in the truck also.

·
Registered
349 Posts
go and look at it. usually the scam is in the shipping. notice there is no description about shipping cost or details. if you can buy it and and not have to pay shipping then it is probably worth it. check the vin, the mileage and let someone who is qualified take a look at it and make sure it is safe and not just pieced together. good luck.

·
Registered
13,229 Posts
i remember that bike being for sale awhile back, when it was still orange and had the giant Yosh sticker across the windsheild. maybe he dumped it again, repainted it and is selling it now.

i say go look at it, it's only a 20 minute drive. take a couple friends with you, and look it over real good. ask ALOT of questions.

·
Registered
540 Posts
buy it now for 2.8k w/ restricted bidders on an 03 w/ a clean title? no way. i bet teh seller got his acct jacked and doesn't even know it's listed

·
Post Whore Extraordinaire
19,904 Posts
im tellin u, read my 1st post, that exactly whats gonna happen.

1 - 20 of 30 Posts