Honda CBR 600RR Forum banner

1 - 20 of 21 Posts

·
Registered
56 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Alright so I bought my 09 cbr600rr from the dealership a couple weeks ago. It was used but it only had 530 miles on it so it was barely ridden. But, it came with this on the keyring and I'm not sure what it is and the dealership didn't really know either.

And even if u don't know, do u know how I would figure it out or where I would take it to figure it out or get it checked out?

Sent from my SPH-D700 using Motorcycle App

Attachments

·
Administrator
51,151 Posts
To me it looks like an alarm remote when you push the button does any thing happen lif the battery is dead try to pry it open , replace the battery then see if it activates a siren or anything of that nature

·
Registered
56 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
It isn't actually a button and I don't think the battery is dead.

·
Registered
837 Posts
:crackup:
10char

·
Administrator
51,151 Posts
Try to pry it open it then how come the dealer had no idea what it is or why was it on the key ring talk about unfamiliar with what he is selling ignorance is a bliss sometimes

·
Registered
2,814 Posts
I'm thinking flashlight.

On a side note, take that tiny metal tag off of the key ring and store it somewhere safe. You'll NEED that thing when you lose your keys. Without it, starting your bike will be very costly.

·
Registered
56 Posts
Discussion Starter #12
If it is a low jack fob how do I go about using it?

·
Administrator
51,151 Posts
Does it have any buttons and if it does what functions do they represent
Arm , Disarm , panic etc etc it should not be that hard to unsolve this riddle

·
Registered
837 Posts
its a lojack early warning pass, if the bike is moved and lojack doesnt pick up the RFID signal from the fob, it notifies the owner i guess via txt or something

EDIT: Mira knew before me

Reactions: Mira

·
Administrator
51,151 Posts
If that is the case then there should be some sort of a module / control box on the bike hidden some where and for being an upgarde as lo jack is the dealer should have known about that feature as that would have been a selling tool for the bike but as the op stated the dealer had no clue the sales man must have been a milk man for his last occupation

·
Registered
837 Posts
If that is the case then there should be some sort of a module / control box on the bike hidden some where and for being an upgarde as lo jack is the dealer should have known about that feature as that would have been a selling tool for the bike but as the op stated the dealer had no clue the sales man must have been a milk man for his last occupation
well its a good thing they didnt know, they'd prob try to charge her the extra 700 dollars for the lojack lol, she can just contact lojack directly and get it activated

·
Registered
56 Posts
Discussion Starter #19
Haha thanks for stalking me nutcore and posting he news that I told u about lol =P jk

But yeah the dealership is getting on my last nerve. I gotta go up to a different dealership in bear to have them register my lo jack but its $150.. I guess that's a good price considering the lo jack itself was free to me but worth almost $700.

Thanks for all the help. It was that one dude that really helped me that said it looked like a lo jack fob so thanks.

Oh but maybe its a lo jack/flashlight/flotation device all in one. That would be the ****. =P
Thanks for all the laughs.

·
Registered
837 Posts
Haha thanks for stalking me nutcore and posting he news that I told u about lol =P jk

But yeah the dealership is getting on my last nerve. I gotta go up to a different dealership in bear to have them register my lo jack but its $150.. I guess that's a good price considering the lo jack itself was free to me but worth almost $700.

Thanks for all the help. It was that one dude that really helped me that said it looked like a lo jack fob so thanks.

Oh but maybe its a lo jack/flashlight/flotation device all in one. That would be the ****. =P
Thanks for all the laughs.

:crackup: i posted it before you told me that you already researched it! edited

1 - 20 of 21 Posts