Honda CBR 600RR Forum banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
31 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I have a 07 RR with 5600 miles. It has a Brembo R1 master cylinder and stock calipers and lines. This bike is 100% track and not street legal so I can really only trouble shoot it at the track. I noticed the past couple times taking it up and down the driveway the left front caliper is not releasing. The right side is fine and functions perfectly. Any recomendations what I should be looking into?

·
Premium Member
1,641 Posts
Take the calipers out of the bike, dissasemble and clean throuly...

You probably have dirt on the left caliper's pistons... hence, they don't go back to their position after releasing the brake lever...

IDK if this is the problem but at least this is the first thing you'll have to look!

·
Registered
31 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
I'll tear it apart, I have a set of GSXR 1000 calipers laying around that I might see if they fit.

·
Registered
1,125 Posts
No. Tear apart should mean disassemble then reassemble back to the stock settings (clean, lubricate and torqued properly, etc.). That should be tried first, if not just buy a new caliper for $50 on the classifieds. I'm 100% sure a GSXR caliper won't work and I haven't even measured or tried it.

1 - 4 of 4 Posts