Honda CBR 600RR Forum banner

1 - 17 of 17 Posts

·
Registered
26 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)
hey guys, im currently riding a 2006 yzf r1, i have owned it for 5 months, i havnt been riding long and im no pro rider, bike is a bit much for me i will be the first to admit that, i live in an area which has nothing but twistys.
i will cut to the chase, i have been offered a straight swap from a dealer with a 2007 cbr600rr, do you think this is a good deal? the cbr has only 4000 miles and is immaculate, my bike isnt lol.
your thoughts please guys, i love the look of the cbr, will i be dissapointed in lack of power, i have watched some vids on youtube and these badboys look pretty quick.
many thanks

·
Registered
30 Posts
If I were you I would swap in a hear beat :D few reasons for me:
- even in a 1/4 mile r1 vs cbr600rr maaaaybe a 1 second difference if not less, which I don't really care for, since 99% of my riding is on the streets. After around 80-90mph R1 would slowly start to walk away from CBR600rr (from my experience)
- R1 = bigger, heavier, no as nimble, more $ to insure, but a bit faster
CBR600RR = by far the best I have ridden (last bike was 2003 R6)
Considering the circumstances no brainer for me, but I do like R1 and R6 as well. my 0.02$ :)

·
Registered
1,273 Posts
I'd do it - mainly based off the fact that you think the R1 is too much for you to handle right now and the trade is immaculate, while yours isn't. So you'll get a slightly more managable bike with more resale value that is cheaper to run, sounds like a no brainer.

Get a vehicle history report though - always be suspicious of delears and used products.

·
Registered
26 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
thanks for that alex, i think my minds made up, very rarely go above 80mph anyway, i have to let the dealer know tomorrow so he can keep it for me, will let you know if i get it

·
Registered
26 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
I'd do it - mainly based off the fact that you think the R1 is too much for you to handle right now and the trade is immaculate, while yours isn't. So you'll get a slightly more managable bike with more resale value that is cheaper to run, sounds like a no brainer.

Get a vehicle history report though - always be suspicious of delears and used products.
thanks chris, it has service history from the dealer, will post tomorrow to let you all know

·
Registered
30 Posts
Not a problem gunnerman. But just like Chris said - be a little suspicious. Find out as much as possible about this bike, most likely somebody traded it for a new 1000rr? What color is and is it stock?

·
Registered
2,722 Posts
If I were you I would swap in a hear beat :D few reasons for me:
- even in a 1/4 mile r1 vs cbr600rr maaaaybe a 1 second difference if not less, which I don't really care for, since 99% of my riding is on the streets. After around 80-90mph R1 would slowly start to walk away from CBR600rr (from my experience)
- R1 = bigger, heavier, no as nimble, more $ to insure, but a bit faster
CBR600RR = by far the best I have ridden (last bike was 2003 R6)
Considering the circumstances no brainer for me, but I do like R1 and R6 as well. my 0.02$ :)
600s are where its at for me.

But your wrong, the 1/4 diff. between a 600rr and the r1 is HALF a second, not a full second.

I dont think I'll ever want a 1k...the 600 is just so perfect for me

·
Registered
293 Posts
Go with the 600rr..Seeing as how your area is full or twisties,the 600 would be the ideal choice..Plus your getting a newer,cleaner bike and should i remind that its a CBR 600RR!!
Plus your smart enough to realize that the R1 is a bit too much for you right now.I had a friend who started out riding on an liter bike,doing crazy stuff.Few days after he had obtained his license and bike,he got killed when he flew into a corner too fast and froze.Enjoy the 600rr,you wont regret your decision..

·
Registered
26 Posts
Discussion Starter #15
Not a problem gunnerman. But just like Chris said - be a little suspicious. Find out as much as possible about this bike, most likely somebody traded it for a new 1000rr? What color is and is it stock?
i am a little suspicious but they are a very respectable dealership and seem to want my bike, i know a few folks who have gotten their bikes from there and are very happy with them. the rr is black with a bit of silver completely stock, i love the look of it, i would need a tail tidy and a slip on i think. its at www.georgewhite.co.uk if you fancy a look, i think its the only 07 they have

·
Registered
26 Posts
Discussion Starter #16
ok guys, the deal is now done, get the bike 2 weeks today and they are gonna service it for me before i get it. im pretty stoked, cant wait to ride it

1 - 17 of 17 Posts