Honda CBR 600RR Forum banner

1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
14 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I'm fixing a wrecked 03 CBR 600rr and turning it into a track bike. Can you help me identify these parts what they are used for and if I will need them? Only damage was to the front of the bike, thanks!

Attachments

·
Registered
14 Posts
Discussion Starter #2
Oh and I guess it would be helpful to know there they actually mount up to. Thanks in advance!

·
Registered
718 Posts
First off. If you're going to do this then you might as well do the research yourself because this is no small task. Get a manual, and do research online for a parts breakdown.

On to the pictures.

the 1st picture, those are your relays. they mount to the ram air tube on the left side. Everything in that image will mount or rest on or near that tube.

2nd image I can't really tell, but looks like it belongs to the headlights. Get a wiring diagram and trace the colors to its source.

3rd image another relay. again without better images can't tell you where it mounts, looks like the bracket may be broken?

4th that mounts into your upper fairing right below the third eye.

·
Premium Member
3,655 Posts
2.... blinker plug in.
3... headlight relay mounts in between headlights.
4.... bas tipover sensor. This mounts in between headlights also. This is very important to mount correctly as bike will not start if wrong. Turn that over and you'll see it says "up" with an arrow.

If you search hid how to threads you'll get some pics of where these last two are mounted.

·
Registered
14 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
I have a decent amount of knowledge when it comes to rebuilding old bikes. This will be my first newer generation model so all the electronics will be a little different. Thank you for your help!

·
Registered
266 Posts
Do you guys happen to have a picture of how that relay mounts between the two headlights? Mine kind of just sits in there.... and I would like to fix this.

·
Premium Member
1,641 Posts
Why don't you get a Haynes manual??

It's pretty hard to imagine where does each part has to be fixed and how it's fixed... even more if you didn't dismantly it byyourself...

Its not an expensive thing and it has lots of pictures!!

·
Registered
718 Posts
It's worth buying even if you don't have problems. Because there is a lot of great information in there. Between common issues that can show up that tells you how to troubleshoot the issue. There is information on literally every little thing on the bike, including torque specs and proper ways to install, uninstall everything.

I bought a clymer manual off of Amazon. Worth every single penny.

1 - 11 of 11 Posts