Honda CBR 600RR Forum banner

1 - 20 of 34 Posts

·
Registered
79 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)
#1: $4,300 out the door (doc fees, plates, registration, taxes, etc... all included in price). Will let me store the bike at the warehouse for free until I'm ready to take her back to Florida with me.
http://cgi.ebay.com/ebaymotors/2003-HONDA-CBR600RR-SPORT-BIKE-BLACK-PERFECT-EXHAUST-/150527375337?pt=US_motorcycles&hash=item230c2177e9#ht_6162wt_1167

#2: $3,700 delivered to my door by the seller. Includes helmet and jacket. Needs nothing whatsoever besides the fairings painted black to match (he took the stickers off and the silver was what was underneath)
http://chicago.craigslist.org/nch/mcy/2085908694.html

#3: $4,100 delivered to my door. Includes helmet. Needs rear license plate bracket, front and rear tires.
http://chicago.craigslist.org/sox/mcy/2086148495.html

I love the CBR the most. The mod options, the colors, etc... The ONLY thing holding me back right now is the mileage. Is it too many miles? They are a very reputable company and the bike has been inspected and it doesn't need anything at all at the moment. That, and I can literally ride it off the lot (not like I would in this Chicago weather!) if I wanted to because the registration, taxes, fees, etc... would all be taken care of. With the other bikes, I would have to go to the DMV and pay taxes and plate fees and registration fees and what not on top of what I already paid which would be a hassle for my timeframe.

The second one I like a lot. All it needs is some black paint for those silver fairings (nothing cosmetically wrong besides a small scratch from a drive way tip) but other than that, it needs nothing at all. Seller wants $3,500 for the bike (good deal) plus $200 to drop it off at my house and for a helmet and jacket. Another great deal, except I don't know much about GSXRs. I've always loved my Hondas.

The third one I don't like the colors so much. It's a stock bike, and it'll need some mods to meet my expectations. It will also need new tires and a license plate bracket. It is a very attractive deal however at a $4,100 price tag delivered to my door with a helmet. It is the newest and has the lowest miles as well.

What do you guys think? Let's hear some opinions! Thanks!

Side note: I'm active duty Marine Corps right now and I'm stationed in NAS Pensacola, so that is where I will be taking the bike. I'll be home in Chicago for the holidays and will be picking up one of these bikes while I'm home to bring back with me. Winter deals in Chicago right now is the primary reason for buying in Chicago.

·
Registered
881 Posts
i would say one or three.why r the fairings gray?kinda wonder if it was laid down at one point cause thats not factory.yhe hindas nice mods and all that good stuff.the red gxsr is nice low miles and no mods so maybe not ridden as hard.i would say go with ur gut bro.and stay safe.

·
Registered
79 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
i would say one or three.why r the fairings gray?kinda wonder if it was laid down at one point cause thats not factory.yhe hindas nice mods and all that good stuff.the red gxsr is nice low miles and no mods so maybe not ridden as hard.i would say go with ur gut bro.and stay safe.
The fairings are gray because he took the factory decals off. That was what was underneath. They are still the stock fairings, just minus the decals.

You think the CBR has too many miles? What is considered too many miles for these bikes? My old F3 had like 25k on the clock and still ran pretty hard.

·
Registered
881 Posts
okay i see.damn i miss read the yr on the honda thought it was a 06.just woke up lol.i think 15 is okay for an 03.it just depends on what u want.i bought my 06 a yr ago and it had 9k miles which i yhought was alot an now i have 13k miles.the only downside is i would have to ride it and hear it and etc before i bought a bike.i would go for the honda or reed gxsr.i like the honda the best no doubt.

·
Registered
79 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
okay i see.damn i miss read the yr on the honda thought it was a 06.just woke up lol.i think 15 is okay for an 03.it just depends on what u want.i bought my 06 a yr ago and it had 9k miles which i yhought was alot an now i have 13k miles.the only downside is i would have to ride it and hear it and etc before i bought a bike.i would go for the honda or reed gxsr.i like the honda the best no doubt.
Good to go. I really like the Honda out of all 3, I just can't make up my mind though.

·
Registered
36 Posts
I love the Honda. 15k miles isn't **** if its been taken care of. Its a ton if its been abused. But everything about the look of that bike seems like its been well taken care of. Great paint, no noticeable wear, minimal but very clean aftermarket parts. I would need to see it in person to have a better feel for if its been taken care of (oil leaks, excessive dirt inside the lower fairings, evidence of burnouts or stunting) but looks like a very clean bike.

2nd one I would almost immediately say no. I have had 2 gsxrs but they get abused alot. Shorty exhaust and gray fairings...perhaps its not completely logical but for me an instant turn off. Similar age I'd take the Honda hands down.

3rd is more tempting but its still a GSXR. Why is the owner selling is my biggest question? Did the guy get the bike and rape it for a summer redlining between every red light, racing and wheeling at every chance, just to decide 600s are for sissies? Is he getting a liter bike to replace it? Who sells a sportbike after one summer?

IDK just my first impression is that the CBR was well taken care of and if an in person inspection backed that up I wouldn't hesitate to jump on it.

GSXRs are ok but I've never liked their 600s (huge fan of their 750s). Depending on the owner and an in person view of the bike I might be convinced to take the 3rd one for the lower mileage and newer bike, but I'm not in love with it just from the photos.

Good luck with whatever you choose and enjoy that Florida weather. I have friends in Orange Park and stationed at NAX. Gotta love winter deals but you can find them in FL to. Friend just bought a very clean F4i with 8k miles for 2500.

Rob

·
Registered
79 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
I love the Honda. 15k miles isn't **** if its been taken care of. Its a ton if its been abused. But everything about the look of that bike seems like its been well taken care of. Great paint, no noticeable wear, minimal but very clean aftermarket parts. I would need to see it in person to have a better feel for if its been taken care of (oil leaks, excessive dirt inside the lower fairings, evidence of burnouts or stunting) but looks like a very clean bike.

2nd one I would almost immediately say no. I have had 2 gsxrs but they get abused alot. Shorty exhaust and gray fairings...perhaps its not completely logical but for me an instant turn off. Similar age I'd take the Honda hands down.

3rd is more tempting but its still a GSXR. Why is the owner selling is my biggest question? Did the guy get the bike and rape it for a summer redlining between every red light, racing and wheeling at every chance, just to decide 600s are for sissies? Is he getting a liter bike to replace it? Who sells a sportbike after one summer?

IDK just my first impression is that the CBR was well taken care of and if an in person inspection backed that up I would hesitate to jump on it.

GSXRs are ok but I've never liked their 600s (huge fan of their 750s). Depending on the owner and an in person view of the bike I might be convinced to take the 3rd one for the lower mileage and newer bike, but I'm not in love with it just from the photos.

Good luck with whatever you choose and enjoy that Florida weather. I have friends in Orange Park and stationed at NAX. Gotta love winter deals but you can find them in FL to. Friend just bought a very clean F4i with 8k miles for 2500.

Rob
Rob, thank you for the insight my friend. And the reason behind selling the 3rd bike is the guy lost his job and just needs cash for his bills. He bought it and never really had a chance to ride it too much and he just is in a sticky situation. Winter time, no job, needs money, has to sell the bike for cheap, etc...

·
Registered
36 Posts
In that case its 1 vs 3 and at that point its just an emotional decision or perhaps which seller is willing to negotiate more. Go see both and your heart will decide which one is for you. At least that is what worked for me in my recent shopping experience. I thought for sure I would get a Duc being here in Europe and was having orgasms over a 02 998 in Ducati red but then I found my 600rr for 1500 Eur less and with 3400km vs 17k km. I knew it was the end of my search the moment I saw the CBR haha.

GL and stay safe.

·
Registered
79 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
In that case its 1 vs 3 and at that point its just an emotional decision or perhaps which seller is willing to negotiate more. Go see both and your heart will decide which one is for you. At least that is what worked for me in my recent shopping experience. I thought for sure I would get a Duc being here in Europe and was having orgasms over a 02 998 in Ducati red but then I found my 600rr for 1500 Eur less and with 3400km vs 17k km. I knew it was the end of my search the moment I saw the CBR haha.

GL and stay safe.
Haha good stuff man. Thanks!

- Jason

·
Registered
17 Posts
#1 if the bike has maintenance history. Looks clean. #3 if #1 is shady.

Are you planning on going to look at these bikes? Start them, ride them if possible?

Alex

·
Registered
79 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
#1 if the bike has maintenance history. Looks clean. #3 if #1 is shady.

Are you planning on going to look at these bikes? Start them, ride them if possible?

Alex
Yes, when I'm home I'll be looking them over. With the CBR, do you think $4,300 out the door with everything taken care of with fees and plates and what not, would you say that's a pretty good price for this particular bike? I don't know too much about the market for the early RRs.

·
Super Moderator
2,396 Posts
15k miles isn't crap for these bikes. I have over 35k miles on mine and it still runs like new. My last bike was a Suzuki and I will never have another one. I just don't like the feel of the bike while riding. With all of the mods and the registration and title taken care of I would go with the Honda.

What will you be doing in P-Cola? I am stationed in P-Cola right now.

·
Registered
79 Posts
Discussion Starter #14
15k miles isn't crap for these bikes. I have over 35k miles on mine and it still runs like new. My last bike was a Suzuki and I will never have another one. I just don't like the feel of the bike while riding. With all of the mods and the registration and title taken care of I would go with the Honda.

What will you be doing in P-Cola? I am stationed in P-Cola right now.
Good stuff man, that's what I was trying to hear in terms of someone with a lot of miles on their bike.

I'm at my MOS school right now. Unfortunately I'm still on indoc status but as of right now my job is 6400 avionics I strand. How about you?

·
Registered
79 Posts
Discussion Starter #16
Just reported and waiting to start flight school. I fooled the Navy into letting me become a pilot!
I've always wanted to fly since I was little. Mad props to you man. Maybe one day I'll get to fly.

Anyways. I just put a deposit on the CBR! Bike is all mine and I'll go pick her up when I get back to Chicago!

·
Super Moderator
2,396 Posts
Congrats on the bike. You won't be disappointed.

If you really want to fly you should apply for MECEP or another program. I spent 11 years enlisted before I received my commission.

·
Registered
131 Posts
You're asking a 600RR forum to choose between a 600RR and two gizxzxers?

I don't care if the 600RR has 100k miles. RR > GSXR

:toothy4:

·
Registered
79 Posts
Discussion Starter #19
Congrats on the bike. You won't be disappointed.

If you really want to fly you should apply for MECEP or another program. I spent 11 years enlisted before I received my commission.
Yep that's my plan to go MECEP in a few years. Probably after I pickup Corporal. Congratulations and thanks for your service!

You're asking a 600RR forum to choose between a 600RR and two gizxzxers?

I don't care if the 600RR has 100k miles. RR > GSXR

:toothy4:
:banger: Went with the CBR!

1 - 20 of 34 Posts