1 - 16 of 16 Posts

·
Registered
Honda CBR 600rr 2007
20 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hello to everybody
I have a 2007 cbr 600rr with 30,000km.
When you turn the bike on, it starts at 2000rpm and when it warms up it goes down to 1400rpm. So far so good. When the engine is already warm and you touch the throttle, the idle goes up to 2100 and the idle is stuck there forever until you turn the bike off and it cools down.
I have cleaned the IACV valve, the MAP sensor and the IAT sensor. At first it worked fine but the next day the problem came back.
I'm very worried because I don't want to take it to a shop and have all the parts replaced. I am wary of these sensors and the ECM.
There are posts with the same problem but none with a solution

·
Registered
4 Posts
Hello to everybody
I have a 2007 cbr 600rr with 30,000km.
When you turn the bike on, it starts at 2000rpm and when it warms up it goes down to 1400rpm. So far so good. When the engine is already warm and you touch the throttle, the idle goes up to 2100 and the idle is stuck there forever until you turn the bike off and it cools down.
I have cleaned the IACV valve, the MAP sensor and the IAT sensor. At first it worked fine but the next day the problem came back.
I'm very worried because I don't want to take it to a shop and have all the parts replaced. I am wary of these sensors and the ECM.
There are posts with the same problem but none with a solution
Hey dude. The first thing that I would check if it were my bike is the throttle screw. Adjust that and see if that takes care of the issue.

And just out of curiousity, does the throttle grip snap back like it's supposed too?

·
Registered
Honda CBR 600rr 2007
20 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
This bike hasn’t a throtlle screw. It has a valve step by step controlled by the ECM in function of the temperature of the cooler.
this valve has been revised

·
Registered
Honda CBR 600rr 2007
20 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
Yes, the throttle open and close so good.

I think the problem is that que valve IACV open (more amount of air in the engine) when the engine is hot but i don’t undertand why (when the coolant is hot the iacv must be closed)

·
Registered
234 Posts
How did your problem appear? On the surface it looks like something is physically holding the throttle open, the ECU is in warm up, or a vacuum leak developed. While the idle is controlled by the IACV you still have manual adjustment for each throttle body so have you verified the throttle plates are completely closed when warmed up and throttle closed?

·
Registered
Honda CBR 600rr 2007
20 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
Yes, i think the vacuum is because when the bike is hot, the iacv open, but i don’t know why the ECM do this, because this valve must be open when the bike is cool only and closed when the bike is hot.

If when the bike is heating up, i disconect the plug iacv, the rpm mantain for ever, but then, when i conect it, if the bike is hot, the idle kept at 2000rpm….

·
Registered
Honda CBR 600rr 2007
20 Posts
Discussion Starter · #12 ·
No because it has 3 pins, one go to the ECU, one to the screen and other tonthe EGCV. In the manual doesn’t how to check the ohm‘s…
it is a interesting point because the manual says that the IACV is only controlled by the ECT sensor but i supossed that the ECT sensor is OK because the temperature lecture in the screen is OK and if i don’t touch the trottle since i switch on the bike the idle is OK.
The problem start when i open gas at hot temperature.
I attach a video with the same case.

·
Registered
Honda CBR 600rr 2007
20 Posts
Discussion Starter · #15 ·
Hi,
I checked the sensor IAT and it is OK
I discover other fact, if turn on the bike and i don’t touch the acelerator until the fan start on, then, the motorbike works perfectly all the time. Then if i turn off the engine and then turn on, the problem return.
I m crazy with this motorbike

·
Registered
Honda CBR 600rr 2007
20 Posts
Discussion Starter · #16 · (Edited)
¡¡¡¡update !!!!

Hello,

Last weekend I was doing a lot of tests with my CBR and I discovered these things.

1- If I start the bike and don't touch the throttle or put it in gear and release the clutch, up to 80º, the bike runs perfectly. I can do kilometres for hours working at the correct idle speed (1400).

2-If I switch off the bike and switch it on immediately, the problem returns and the idle speed is 2000 rpm.

3-If I switch off the bike and wait 73ºC and switch it on, the idle speed returns to the correct one (1400rpm) but if I touch the throttle or put it in gear and release the clutch, the problem reappears.

4-At this point (73ºC) if I turn it back on, the idle is fine, and if I don't touch the throttle or engage a gear and release the clutch until 80ºC, the idle is fine and I can accelerate and run normally with a correct idle all day long.

1 - 16 of 16 Posts