Honda CBR 600RR Forum banner

1 - 16 of 16 Posts

·
Registered
27 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
So, a few months ago my bike was having problems and would not start, when i got it to the mechanic, the diagnosis ended up being the tip sensor (or whatever its called) was broken, the bike was low on oil and my plugs were fouled. At the time I just wanted it back and ended up just paying for it (310 dollars worth).

Now my argument is that the bike never had an issue with the plugs or the oil but they simply could not figure out what was wrong and just started replacing parts.

So my question to all of you, has anyone ever experienced anything like this? At this point i know im not going to see any real money back, but I just want to dealer to say they may have screwed up on their end.

Also, i dropped my bike at 300 miles (from a standstill dough) and at the time the sensor actually broke was at 2600, is that possible?

Thanks everyone

·
Registered
280 Posts
Dealer will never admit they are wrong...

I think you jut gotta swallow your pride, learn a little more about your bike and get familiar with another dealer/service shop that you can trust.

·
I AM The Righty
2,380 Posts
it's pretty hard to break the tip over sensor since it's inside the "guts" of the bike...not a usual part to break from a drop or even lowside crash.
i agree with heckhole...don't run to the dealership first off, check here first or with knowledgeable friend

·
Registered
27 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
well i made the mistake of using the dealers service department thats definately not happening again

going today to get it and then never coming back, i brought them a lot of business from some of my friends and thats definately the last of it

·
Registered
991 Posts
All you can do is tell them straight up that you are dissatisfied with the service you received and you will be telling your local motorcycle club of over 200 members to never do business with them again. Other than that, you pretty much have to bite the bullet.

·
Registered
32 Posts
thats what sucks about taking your bike in to be fixed. I had a bike and they swore the problem was that it needed the TPS to be reset. They did that then said its running great, cost me $60 no big deal. I take off down the road same problem. Then they said for sure it was an intake leak, $150 later on down the road same problem. Meanwhile, they could care less that i just spent $210 and the problem is still there. I take it to an indy shop and they find the problem in less than 5 minutes, a plug wire was melted through. total cost was $10 for the new wire. Point learned, the dealersips are all about making money not so much on fixing the problem for as cheap as possible to you. If they can guess what it is, and string you along and nickel and dime you to death its better for them.

·
Registered
352 Posts
Yup, it sounds like you're out some money.

I agree the dealers are all about making money, that's usually why their labor rates are usually a little higher than others. Most dealer shops have 1 or 2 very experienced mechanics and a shop full of newbies, guess which one will probably work on your bike first.

The little shops are usually your best bet, if you don't mind waiting a couple of extra days for a part or two.

·
Registered
27 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
Alright guys here is an update from my exciting trip to pick up my bike. I am now BANNED from the store because I spoke my opinion and told the owner I was dissatisfied with the service I received. He was extremely unprofessional so he made himself look like a fool in front of a bunch of customers so I thought it was pretty funny.

I must say when he told me to "Never come to my f***ing store again" I almost laughed in his face and replied with "You thought i was coming back you are delusional old man".

Overall, I lost some money on this but he lost his reputation and respect from at least myself and my buddy that was with me.

Now, does anyone know any good place to get service done?

D

·
0 Posts
Alright guys here is an update from my exciting trip to pick up my bike. I am now BANNED from the store because I spoke my opinion and told the owner I was dissatisfied with the service I received. He was extremely unprofessional so he made himself look like a fool in front of a bunch of customers so I thought it was pretty funny.

I must say when he told me to "Never come to my f***ing store again" I almost laughed in his face and replied with "You thought i was coming back you are delusional old man".

Overall, I lost some money on this but he lost his reputation and respect from at least myself and my buddy that was with me.

Now, does anyone know any good place to get service done?
This isn't Broward Motorsports on Okeechobee Blvd, is it? If so, PM me.

·
Registered
408 Posts
Something you might wanna start doing is asking to meet the mechanic who will be working on your bike, car, RV, or whatever your taking to a dealership. It helps a lot because then that mechanic has a face to the bike and a personality and wants you to see he knows what hes doing, so he will take his time and really fix it right and take pride in the work.

·
Registered
298 Posts
I tried that once after i left the dealership and noticed my bike was pouring out coolant less than a mile down the road. i came back and wanted to talk to the mech only to find out that he didnt speak english.:banghead: its a good thing everything was free otherwise i woulda raised hell
Something you might wanna start doing is asking to meet the mechanic who will be working on your bike, car, RV, or whatever your taking to a dealership. It helps a lot because then that mechanic has a face to the bike and a personality and wants you to see he knows what hes doing, so he will take his time and really fix it right and take pride in the work.

·
Registered
3,205 Posts
Now my argument is that the bike never had an issue with the plugs or the oil but they simply could not figure out what was wrong and just started replacing parts.

So my question to all of you, has anyone ever experienced anything like this? At this point i know im not going to see any real money back, but I just want to dealer to say they may have screwed up on their end.

Thanks everyone
Good luck with this.... the stealerships can kiss my:bootyshak. The sparkplugs are good up to an estimated 20k miles. The oil isnt to big of a issue its a honda! With that said the bike still need to be properly maintaned with routinely oil changes etc. I've been through something similar cost me $574 granted they gave me an estimate of roughly $240.... work that I should/could have done on my own. But just didnt have the time. Point being after all that... they screwed my bike up. And I confronted them about the issue, didnt bother asking for the $$$ back. (it would be like pissing in the wind) But they wouldnt even admit that they did a horrible job.

If I was you I would call the district rep and :cursin::cursin::cursin::cursin:. And then warn local riders about you experience.

Thats just my 2cents.

·
Registered
183 Posts
Ahh stealerships, they will never admit that are at fault. When I purchased my brand new bike a few weeks ago (sorry fellas, wasn't a RR) couple days after getting the bike delivered to me, I found out that my bike was actually really low on oil (past the low line), so I jumped on the forums and was like "hey, whats up with that". Then I called the dealership and spoke to my sales rep and a couple of mechanics and explained to them my situation, and I did everything they told me yet and it still showed my bike was low on oil. So since no one from the dealership could tell me what was wrong with it, they decided to take it back for inspection, seeing as how the dealership is suppose to give the bike an oil change before they hand it over to the owner. I called back a couple days later and they told me that there was absolutely nothing wrong with my bike, and was trying to charge me for labor for having to get someone to inspect it and to pay for delivery fees as well. But I was like screw that because I knew for a fact that my bike was low on oil. So I gave them crap about it and started bashing on them, and after like 20-30 minutes on the phone with them, they finally decided to drop the charges. And lo and behold I get my bike back with full oil! I have yet to do a full inspection of my bike, due to the lack of time. I just started my new job. I plan on doing so very very soon. Screw the dealerships.

·
Registered
109 Posts
They did that to my buddy and is 09 1098 Duc. **** wouldn't run and would stall out on its own. Next thing you know they sold him an aftermarket filter and power commander. **** should run right out of the box. I never trust the stealerships. Get a manual and some tools. Unless its under warranty then I'd make the bastards fix it.

1 - 16 of 16 Posts