Honda CBR 600RR Forum banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
229 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
k, so my jardine rt-one arrived today and i just started to do the isntall, i've removed the tail, seat, and the heat shield where the midpipe meets behind the rear brake pedal, i've removed the clamp and obviously all of my fender plates and lights

is there anything else holding the exhaust on? i cant seem to seperate the midpipe from the downpipe

·
Registered
2003 Honda CBR 600RR
6,790 Posts
usually it's a tight fit but you should be able to pull it off, the exhaust collar gasket is usually the culprit try prying it loose with a flat screwdriver. did you loosen the bolt that holds the muffler to the subframe?

·
Registered
28,565 Posts
dont pry at it...youll f#ck up the gasket and then have to get a new
one for 20 bucks. wiggle the pipe left right right left at the same time
pulling it. it should wiggle out nice and smooth with a little man power
used of course. =)

·
Registered
316 Posts
Don't worry about that gasket around the pipe that connects to the mid pipe. The mid pipe that comes with the RT1 will not fit over the gasket with out flareing it a good deal. If you take off the gasket and put on the midpipe as it is out of the box it will be a good tight fit after you get the clamp on and tighted.

·
Registered
44 Posts
i got it guys, thanks, i feel like an idiot because it was the bolt on the right side connected to the subframe, when i had already removed the left one.

if you're confused its because i posted that under my brother's name on his computer, i was in a hurry.

now i just gotta put the damn bike back together

btw.....

it sounds

AWESOME!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

1 - 5 of 5 Posts