Honda CBR 600RR Forum banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
259 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I have State Farms insurance and apparently, they don't insure bikes on a closed course or track at all anymore. Even if it is not timed or race orientated. Anyone have insurance for the track? Some will say to lie and say I crashed the bike somewhere else, but I don't want to do that. Thanks for any advice!

·
Banned
1,086 Posts
Who's to say you crashed at the track?

·
Registered
2,589 Posts
I have state farm and unless I completely total the bike, I won't be claiming a crash anyways. It's not worth the premium increase.

and I would be stating that I crashed it somewhere, other than at the track.

·
Registered
151 Posts
I have state farm and unless I completely total the bike, I won't be claiming a crash anyways. It's not worth the premium increase.

Best statement I have read in days. Same here!

·
Registered
2,589 Posts
there is also this to consider.

·
Registered
639 Posts
either A) put race fairings, sliders, and woodcraft case covers (or equivalent) on, so if you crash you still have mint stock plastics to put back on.

or B) after you crash, throw it in a truck take it out to a back road and say you wrecked out there, (may require a police report, so be prepared to call the cops on your self and tell him a ******** story)

be aware that B is probably considered insurance fraud.

·
Registered
259 Posts
Discussion Starter #7

and I would be stating that I crashed it somewhere, other than at the track.

I have state farm as well. My agent says I'm not covered. My friend has state farm and his agent says he is. Go figure. I'm not worried about minor damage. I'm worried about the bike being totalled and not having a bike anymore. As for lying, I don't really want to do that. Hopefully, I will get a correct answer soon. One of the agents is obviously wrong. I hope it's mine.

·
Registered
922 Posts
When I asked my State Farm agent about it she told me: "You are covered in any instance you are at a schooling event." I asked her if that was for only MSF stuff. I specificalkly told her I ride mine at track. The local vendors events I attend push their events as a schooltype environment, with classroom attendace required between sessions all day long. She told me as long as it was educational and not competition I was covered. So I simply sign up for the intermediate levels in case there is ever another crash and move up in a session or two.

It's been a couple years since our discussion so rules may have changed. You might also look into the different vendors in your area to see who possibly sets their events up more like a school.

Still, unless you really wad your bike up, you can fix it way cheaper and less hassle than a claim. There's even a fellow, who moved shop back towards the Carolinas, who has a rack that can straightend almost any frame tweakage. I had him check mine once a few years back. Suprising how stuff comes from the factory "within tolerances"...even frames.

1 - 8 of 8 Posts