Honda CBR 600RR Forum banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
1 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hi, I have a UK 03-04 model and have just brought a laser duo tech slip on... only prob is there is no real instructions on how to fit it. I took the back end of my bike apart the other night thinking i could work it out, but i forgot about the heat sheild which fits my stock exhaust.. Will i have to buy another one to fit the laser? or will it just fit/i will have to amend it? Also if i have the sports insert in,will i need to adjust the fuel on dyno? all the website says if 'i shouldnt have to' but this implys to me i may have to...!!

So if anyone out there could tell me how to fit it,it would be much apprieiated :)

Gem

·
Hitz eit from z back
5,357 Posts
Hi, I have a UK 03-04 model and have just brought a laser duo tech slip on... only prob is there is no real instructions on how to fit it. I took the back end of my bike apart the other night thinking i could work it out, but i forgot about the heat sheild which fits my stock exhaust.. Will i have to buy another one to fit the laser? or will it just fit/i will have to amend it? Also if i have the sports insert in,will i need to adjust the fuel on dyno? all the website says if 'i shouldnt have to' but this implys to me i may have to...!!

So if anyone out there could tell me how to fit it,it would be much apprieiated :)

Gem
welcome to the site, with most after market pipes you dont use the heat shield, after market exhaust tend to run cooler than stock so their is no real reason to run the heat shield. I am not running the heat shield with the stock exhaust and don't have a problem with the heat so you should be fine.

·
Registered
2003 Honda CBR 600RR
6,791 Posts
don'y you worry love, just use the search button in this forum & you'll find a topic dealing in installing slip-ons on our sportbike.

happy hunting & welcome to 600rr.net. :biggrin:

·
Registered
1,263 Posts
+1 on getting rid of the stock exhaust shields, you don't really need them. I got rid of all of that junk when I put on my Akrapovic, and you don't need to buy any other one to replace it.

A PCIII is not necessary for a slip-on, but it won't hurt. If you're getting it mapped, of course you will need it (or some other sort of fuel management hardware).

Best of luck!

Alex

1 - 4 of 4 Posts