Honda CBR 600RR Forum banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
397 Posts
buy fiberglass fairings, make molds, make fairings. that's both the easiest AND cheapest way.

·
Registered
19 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
buy fiberglass fairings, make molds, make fairings. that's both the easiest AND cheapest way.
Sure it is the easiest way but I am not that guy that like to copy other designs but like to design my own.

·
Registered
397 Posts
Sure it is the easiest way but I am not that guy that like to copy other designs but like to design my own.
the reason i said that is because unless you are a f* pro, then all you are going to do is get epoxy all over your garage, yourself and others.

if you want to totally custom shape fairings, apart from they are probably going to suck, i would shape them out of foam and make my mold from it. Easier said than done. I made tons of formula SAE bodywork using this method. Very time and material consuming. You might consider starting FROM an existing set of plastics.

i'm too old for this s* now (28) so I'd buy tried and true fairings. Heck i'd consider break even on cost, and if you are very handy, to be three wrecked sets of race fairings.

good luck.

i remember making a fiberglass / carbon fiber hood for my spec e30 race car back in the day... man that thing was so warped, but it was MY hood.

1 - 8 of 8 Posts