Honda CBR 600RR Forum banner

1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
527 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I think I posted this in the correct section :retard: if not then can a mod please move it :retard:

When I push the two tabs into the gas tank holes, they just pop back out. It doesn't hold AT ALL. :cursin: Is there some sort of trick to this? Am I missing the step that said to super glue the two of them together? I had issues with them fitting on my OEM ones but come on Honda, there must be a better way to do it? Keep in mind that this is not an OEM kit, its a Delkevic one. Any ideas on how to get this to fit properly? :cursin:

Thanks guys :)

·
Registered
1,315 Posts
some of those tabs can be a pain. You want to push up and back with a lil force, then attach it to the front cowl. Tabs should have a lil notch on one side

·
Registered
1,234 Posts
From the pic it looks like the tabs are broke.

Sent from my DROID BIONIC using Motorcycle.com App

·
Registered
931 Posts
I ordered a fairing set for my 07, and it would do the same thing. So I had to double side tape them together. I am waiting on new fairings right now and I hope I dont have to tape them again.

·
Registered
527 Posts
Discussion Starter #5 (Edited)
The tabs aren't broken. They're shaped the same as the OEM ones. I can get them to pop in and click, but then as soon as I let go, they pop back out. Im really thinking about taking some 3M Tape of the Gods and putting it on the backside :/

EDIT: I think im going to put a small amount of super glue so it dries quick and holds it and have gorilla glue in there to create a strong bond over time. I just hope this doesn't come out looking like sh!t. On a better note, my two bros exhaust comes today :p

·
Registered
1,315 Posts
The tabs aren't broken. They're shaped the same as the OEM ones. I can get them to pop in and click, but then as soon as I let go, they pop back out. Im really thinking about taking some 3M Tape of the Gods and putting it on the backside :/
The tabs got a notch on one side right? When you get them in there you got to push inward(towards notch) If they are made right they should click, it just takes some force

·
Registered
931 Posts
If you glue them make sure you do it on the under side of the fairings. You dont want people to see it. Which might require you to glue them together off the bike then put them on as one piece.

·
Registered
3,308 Posts
Are you sure your mid-fairing stay isn't bent? Typically if it is bent in those pieces will not hold well.

·
Registered
527 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
I used 3M double sided tape and seems to be holding. Im worried about when it warms up though. I'll take her for a test ride tomorrow after the exhaust install to see if the tape holds up.

1 - 10 of 10 Posts