Honda CBR 600RR Forum banner

1 - 19 of 19 Posts

·
Registered
9 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I have an 03 that quit firing after a minor low side. I assumed it was the tos but after bypassing this I still have no spark.

I have tried everything I can think of and then some.

Any ideas would be greatly appreciated.

I have swapped the ecu with one off of a running bike and metered the pulsars they meter good according to honda.

The only damage was to the left handle bar switch which I have also swapped to no avail.

I am sure I am missing something.

Thyanks in advance for any info.

·
Post Whore Extraordinaire
19,904 Posts
your sparkplugs are fouled. ie. they got fuel or oil on them.
chaneg them or wait till they dry and try again. Best bet is to just change them.

·
Registered
11,434 Posts
Welcome to the forum bro!

Have you checked all of your Relays on the left side of the bike? Check ALL of your PIN connectors on the entire wiring harness.

Does the fuel pump prime when you turn the key on? Which 2 wires did you jump on the BAS? Did you check the battery cables and the main ground?

^^That should get you started....

·
Registered
9 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Welcome to the forum bro!

Have you checked all of your Relays on the left side of the bike? Check ALL of your PIN connectors on the entire wiring harness.

Does the fuel pump prime when you turn the key on? Which 2 wires did you jump on the BAS? Did you check the battery cables and the main ground?

^^That should get you started....
The fuel pump does prime.

I have checked all the connectors and the only relays I see are the three together on the left side which appear to be good I checked them with a power probe. Are there more relays?

I have checked the battery cables and they are all tight and in good condition.

I cannot remember which wires I jumped the bike is at home, but I followed the instructions I found posted on the forum. I can get back to you with that in an hour.

·
Registered
9 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
One of the relays seems to control the fan while the other two both seem to control the fuel pump. Is that correct?

·
Registered
11,434 Posts
One of the relays seems to control the fan while the other two both seem to control the fuel pump. Is that correct?
IIRC, Left to right...

Fan relay....Engine Stop...Fuel cut-off.

If the fuel pump is priming then that's half the battle. Have you tried cranking the bike with the throttle wide open for 10 seconds?

·
Registered
9 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
I have pulled the plugs replaced them with new ones and checked while they are out and have no spark at all.

·
Registered
986 Posts
its the BAS... disconnect it and reconnect it. Also, check the fuses... those damn 600rrs are bullet proof when it goes down, but the damn electrical system gets whacked everytime.

·
Registered
9 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
its the BAS... disconnect it and reconnect it. Also, check the fuses... those damn 600rrs are bullet proof when it goes down, but the damn electrical system gets whacked everytime.

Disconnected and reconnected it, still no spark. Any other ideas?

·
19,904 Posts
Hmm, sounds liek your bike is mad at you because you dropped her on the rough pavement, bring her flowers, ie. a new part.

·
Registered
9 Posts
Discussion Starter #12
I have spent all weekend going through the wiring and checking connectors and I can ]'t find anything wrong.

Have any of you had a similar problem?

Desperate for some help here please.

·
Registered
9 Posts
Discussion Starter #14
All fuses are good the fuel pump is pumping but I bypassed the bas anyways and still no spark.

I have swapped the ecu, metered the pulsars, checked every connector 10 times, checked the three relays, and totally stripped the bike so I can see all the wiring and still can't find anything.

Thanks for everyones help.

·
Registered
9 Posts
Discussion Starter #15
Went and checked everything the service manual suggests still no spark. I am in desperate need of ideas.

Anyone? Is this a unique problem?

·
19,904 Posts
maybe the BAS is broken in the tip over position..
i mean why else would it not spark...

·
Registered
205 Posts
Did you check the fuses just behind the battery?

Also - can you get a look at the throttle position sensor? It's on the left side - maybe something came loose?

·
Registered
68 Posts
Whenever you have starting problems. Always change the plugs. Have you taken one out to see that you have no spark, or are you guessing you have no spark.

·
19,904 Posts
Whenever you have starting problems. Always change the plugs. Have you taken one out to see that you have no spark, or are you guessing you have no spark.
he already chanegd em bro...

1 - 19 of 19 Posts