Honda CBR 600RR Forum banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
8 Posts
So about a week back im riding my bike to school and all the sudden my HID(car HID mind you) starts to flicker, i notice and noticed the cluster was going crazy(turning on and off). I go to leave school for break and i decided to disconnect my hid(daytime, still not safe).right of the bat my cluster was working perfect.

Im about to leave to go home and my bike wont start, the cluster kept flickering and it just died with the needle stuck at 7krpm. I had just bought a battery not even a month ago too. I tow my bike home and start to mess with it, i turn it on and the speedometer and odometer start to climb by themselves.

I panicked and turn the bike off, it didn't turn on after that. yesterday i m cleaning all the connectors, clean the kill switch and rechecked everything on the harness. I also lifted the tank up just in case any wires might have been pinched.

I decided to give it a shot at it and everything was working perfect. the cluster was working fine the fuel pump was priming. i must have turned the ignition on and off about 8 times to just be sure, needless to say i went to bed happy.

I wake up to my bike not working at all.. Nothing comes, i mean nothing no cluster, no prime absolutely nothing. Now the funny part, when i turn the key to off the dash has light numbers appear and fuel metter too, not bright how they should appear but they appear.

Can anyone help me, its my Daily and i m missing school cause of it. Also i bypassed the BAS (to learn wheelies) any help please.. Thanks in advance..

·
Premium Member
13,137 Posts
Just a favour to ask for next time...

Can you please use the enter key every now and then?

having paragraphs is a lot easier to read than a block of text :)

And what do you mean by "the speedometer and odometer start to climb by themselves"
Are you referring to their self test they should be doing when you turn the bike on?

First thing I can suggest is that you remove the HIDs (at least temporarily) and then go over everything you have done to the harness cause if the problem was fixed and then came back you obviously must have done something right but perhaps not done it well enough.
I would also have a check of your BAS bypass and ensure that the connections there are still good, did you solder them?

·
Premium Member
13,137 Posts
will remember next time, sorry. I found out what the problem was a burnout battery solenoid.
Nothing to apologise for mate!

Glad you got it all sorted out!

1 - 6 of 6 Posts