Honda CBR 600RR Forum banner

1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
39 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Recently I have been having problems with the battery/power supply on my bike. For example, I hadn't ridden my bike for about 5 days and for some reason there isn't enough battery to start up the bike!!! And then I have to bumpstart it. Does this happen normally? Does not riding the 600rr for 5+ days equal practically a dead battery??? I know from taking the battery to the Schuck's they determined that the battery is fully operational and okay.

Basically my theory is this... The battery problem hasn't really happened until after I installed my Scorpio I500se alarm system. I think for some reason my alarm system or the wiring in the bike is slowly draining the battery at a substantial rate. Do people with the alarm system installed experience the same battery drainage problem????

Please give me advice of what the problem might be... i.e. problems with the alarm system, problems with the battery itself, etc....

Also if you are a person with the same alarm system installed... please voice your opinions on the matter and tell me if this happens with you guys also... Thx for your time.

·
Registered
4,407 Posts
Conceptually, the alarm system is something that operates (but at a very low draw) the entire time the bike is off. Given this I'd say its possible, given how delicate the 03 charging system is, that the alarm is draining the battery. Disable the alarm for a few weeks :shock: and see if it cures the problem....at your own risk.

1 - 3 of 3 Posts