Honda CBR 600RR Forum banner

1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
33 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
If anybody can help me it would be great... everyone who reads this might think that i am dumb... which i am.. but i lost my only key for my bike its a 2003 cbr.. how do i go about getting another one.. i really have now clue.. please help give me some suggestions.

·
Registered
150 Posts
Do you have the key tag number? If you do, you can take it to a Honda dealership and they should be able to cut you a new key. You might also be able get the key number off the ignition. Sometimes it's stamped on the ignition.

Alternatively, you could take the ignition to a locksmith and have them cut you a new key. Get a couple extra made, just in case.

·
Registered
1,063 Posts
I would also suggest that you avoid this situation in the future by always having a 2nd key made and kept in a safe place, i.e. home safe, safety deposit box, etc. If you have to go the route of getting new locks, then make sure you write down the key ID number as well so that even if you do lose all the keys, you'll be able to get a new one cut at the dealer. You could send it to yourself in an email for safe keeping. Just make sure you don't put too much detail in the email so that someone could figure out what the code is for.

·
Registered
33 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
ok well i have never taken my bike apart only to change the oil. is taking off the ignition super hard and im going to have to take my bike somewhere to get professionally done or can i do it my self.

D

·
0 Posts
You can do it yourself. Just check the service manual for how to do it.

1 - 9 of 9 Posts