Honda CBR 600RR Forum banner

1 - 15 of 15 Posts

·
Registered
628 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I have an 05' with 500 km on it. Went out for a ride tonight and was just pulling away from a light and noticed I had no tach, speedo, running lights, markerlight, neutral light or fuel display. Checked my service manual but it's not much help. Anyone have any similar problems. Whats the deal?.

·
Registered
6,087 Posts
my buddy just had the problem too, his wires connecting to the headlight assembly were loose and his gauges kept going in and out on him

·
Registered
5,100 Posts
Under the left side fairing there is a fuse box. It's a 10amp fuse. Replace it. Have u messed with your signals or anything electrical? It's a short somewhere.

·
Registered
4,407 Posts
DirteeJerzee said:
my buddy just had the problem too, his wires connecting to the headlight assembly were loose and his gauges kept going in and out on him
my first guess was this harness. check that the connectors under the left side ram air cover are all connected well.

·
Registered
373 Posts
You may want to check the starter switch also. I've seen it stick once the bike is running. That will cause all the lights and guages to appear to not work because they are bypassed when the switch is pressed.

·
Registered
1,039 Posts
mabbottusmc said:
Under the left side fairing there is a fuse box. It's a 10amp fuse. Replace it. Have u messed with your signals or anything electrical? It's a short somewhere.
+1 hell ya! Exact same thing happened to me yesterday - 10 amp fuse (5thon the left I think) in the main fuse box mid left side of bike below the upper frame line.

·
Registered
573 Posts
canadarr said:
Last week I installed some signals and a plate light.
Check your fuse box,Trace your wiring, and make sure everything is correctly connected, and insulated. Are you running LED lights that require a resistor?

·
Registered
1,500 Posts
Get a wire that can handle the current load and heat, or you'll continue to have this problem.

Strike that, sounds like you need resistors installed to reduce current. Were your turn signals flashing faster than normal? That's also a sign that you need resistors in parellel with the lights.

·
Registered
628 Posts
Discussion Starter #14
My singnals aren't LED's and they don't blink any faster. The plate light I installed was a small bar with three 12 v LED's for a car. The wire melted through because it touched the can and the wires shorted out. I've moved me Plate and changed the lights and have had no problems now.

1 - 15 of 15 Posts