Honda CBR 600RR Forum banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
870 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I just bought a used 07 EX 250 for my wife. I tested the bike in a Von's parking lot and it appears to be in good condition. However, when I rode the bike home at speep of 65 mph and I let both hands go, the handle bars started to shake back and forth violently. It was like a tank slapper. When I put my hand back on then it stop. I'm not sure what is wrong since my first bike was a 600 and I never rode a 250 before. What do you guys think?

N

·
0 Posts
I just bought a used 07 EX 250 for my wife. I tested the bike in a Von's parking lot and it appears to be in good condition. However, when I rode the bike home at speep of 65 mph and I let both hands go, the handle bars started to shake back and forth violently. It was like a tank slapper. When I put my hand back on then it stop. I'm not sure what is wrong since my first bike was a 600 and I never rode a 250 before. What do you guys think?
It's not the bike but the stock tires. I HIGHLY (for your wife's sakes) upgrade the tires to Pirelli Sport Demons or other performance tires.

Not only will the tires stick better but it'll be easier to accelerate.

Those stock 250 tires look like they're made for dirt off-roading or something.

N

·
0 Posts
Dude, I have a Ninja 250. It's the stock tires. They all do that but once you swap the tires it'll go away.

1 - 7 of 7 Posts