Honda CBR 600RR Forum banner
1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
79 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
05 600rr 3,900 miles.

I have a smoke ebay rear brake light with integrated turn signals. turn signals work perfect and so does the running light. But I have been told the light flickers on and off while I am riding. The brake light does not work. Does not work with the foot lever or hand lever.

I even re-did all the wiring after the connections at the rear brake light where it connects when you install it. I even put a brand new brake light with integrated turn signals in and it still doesnt work. If I use a test light on the connector at the brake light nothing. So it is the oem cbr harness that i have never touched before where do i look?

Any suggestions, don't wanna get rear ended.

·
Scooty-Puff Jr. Racer
5,882 Posts
if you have already checked the connections then it my be a fuse. also check the wires, I had a short from where one got too close to my exhaust and melted...

·
Registered
330 Posts
If you are the original owner and have never tampered with the wires I would
put a test light to the fuses making sure they get power on both ends of the fuse. also check your connector. making sure the pins are straight not bent.

·
Registered
113 Posts
If you are the original owner and have never tampered with the wires I would
put a test light to the fuses making sure they get power on both ends of the fuse. also check your connector. making sure the pins are straight not bent.

Agreed.

Put new fuses in just to be safe and clean you connections. Re trace it again. It sounds liek it going to be something simple. Especially if they are flickering every now and then

·
Registered
79 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
Such a stupid fix.

The foot brake spring for the brake light switch was too tight. It must of gotten tighter over time and brake light was stuck on at all times. Fixed sorry for the post. oops

1 - 7 of 7 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.