Honda CBR 600RR Forum banner

1 - 20 of 29 Posts

·
Registered
53 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I'm planning on purchasing a new 600RR at a dealer and I wanted to know what most of you paid for yours brand new. I'm a pretty savvy automobile and realestate purchaser, but I'm very new to motorcycle purchases. Does free gear normally come with a new purchase, if so, is it good stuff? One dealer had a stock 04' in blue for 9898 + 1289 (title, registration, etc.) Around $11200 out the door. Is that a reasonable price considering the bike is $8599 MSRP? I'm pretty much decided that I'm gonna get a certified or brand new bike from the dealer and lower the risk of accidents from a malfunctioning bike. All the suggestions and help would be nice.

Thanks!

·
Registered
504 Posts
Re: Help! Reasonable dealer price for a new 600RR in South C

748s said:
I'm planning on purchasing a new 600RR at a dealer and I wanted to know what most of you paid for yours brand new. I'm a pretty savvy automobile and realestate purchaser, but I'm very new to motorcycle purchases. Does free gear normally come with a new purchase, if so, is it good stuff? One dealer had a stock 04' in blue for 9898 + 1289 (title, registration, etc.) Around $11200 out the door. Is that a reasonable price considering the bike is $8599 MSRP? I'm pretty much decided that I'm gonna get a certified or brand new bike from the dealer and lower the risk of accidents from a malfunctioning bike. All the suggestions and help would be nice.

Thanks!
Tell that guy to go screw himself. Thats a rob....screw him.

·
Registered
1,076 Posts
dude thats way too high. I thought my $9300 out the door with a helmet was high. I would look around. isnts Burts mega mall in San Diego. ive heard good things about them.

·
Registered
569 Posts
if you don't mind picking it up about 2 hours away, try calling thousand oaks honda in l.a. area. i was going to get an '04 there about 5 or 6 months ago for 8700 o.t.d.
good luck dude.

·
Registered
4,500 Posts
why dont you call funbike again and talk to angelo... i got my bike with gears for 9300 (gears are: joe rocket speedmaster jacket, A* gp pro, Arai rx7 corsair)....

·
Registered
53 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
Thank you very much guys! I really appreciate all this help! I knew that guy was tryin to get me. How did you guys finance your bikes? I'm planning on using my home equity loan to do it. So it's pretty much like paying in cash. Do you think they'd even give me a better price if I pay them that way?

Thanks again!

·
Ninja Master
2,459 Posts
actually, all paying cash does is show them that the deal will close more easily. they get paid either way. they actually prefer financing, since they make money as a loan broker.

·
Registered
638 Posts
http://www.lacyclesports.com/ typically offers the 600RR out the door for $8500 - $8700. Get a quote and use that rate to negotiate with the dealer close to you. If he cannot match of beat the price, then it may be worth comming up to LA. I have learned that it is easier to negotiate over the phone, and then go in and pick up the bike later. I bought mine from MS, but I have a cousin who lives out there and he helped out.

I would buy all the "extras" seperately. Don;t be forced to take what the deler "gives" you. Try out a susperstore lke Chaparral (http://www.chaparral-racing.com/Chaparral/assets/html/homepage.asp?URLCheck=1)

good luck..

·
Registered
4,500 Posts
Simonster said:
actually, all paying cash does is show them that the deal will close more easily. they get paid either way. they actually prefer financing, since they make money as a loan broker.
actually... dealerships - salesperson likes it if you have cash in hand because the wouldnt have to worry of getting you approved with their financing (especially if you have bad credit).
you are right with the deal closing easier also... and the only person who makes money of the dealer financing is the finance manager (unless they have an agreement with the salesperson for kickbacks)... so the salesperson would actually prefer cash because if they take the time to show you the bike but you dont get financing - theyre SOL... but if you have cash, they are more willing to cooperate with you because you are willing and able to purchase the bike right there and then and not having to worry about getting approved...

·
Registered
403 Posts
Re: Help! Reasonable dealer price for a new 600RR in South C

748s said:
Around $11200 out the door.
Now that's a real STEALERSHIP!

As someone said, LA Cyclesports wants $8500 or so for the blk/slv or red/blk. Mabye $100 or so more for the blue. That's OTD... tax, license, and all the other BS.

·
Registered
286 Posts
As a rule of thumb never pay more then MSRP for base price, for OTD tax and license will bring it up abit, but any thing to extream just walk and talk to some one else. Try to do your home work and figure out how much all the other junk SHOULD cost.

H

·
0 Posts
that place is ridiculous... you can grab a 1000RR for less OTD in jersey.... what you should do is buy one cheaper (search around)... then ride it to that dealer and be like so WTF you quoted me 11,200 OTD and i got this one for 8700 OTD... say it loud.. then say where you go it... i am sure one or two people will walk out and check out the dealer you bought yurs from.... i am a huge fan a revenge.. :twisted:

·
Registered
537 Posts
$8100 + change OTD at Thousand Oaks Honda....bike itself was $7439(which should be right about dealer invoice, Also realize that a dealer also has a "holdback" so even if they sell at invoice there should be some more money coming in for them at some point.

·
Registered
45 Posts
Go to El Cajon Motoworld - got mine at 9500 otd with arai helmet, a jacket, and some option warranty products (add ons retail = ~$1,200)

Not as cheap as some, but you don't have to drive to LA to get it. I also like having a local dealer in case I have problems, plus if you buy local you can get continued discounts on their merchandise.

1 - 20 of 29 Posts