Honda CBR 600RR Forum banner
1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
7 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hi, recently every now and then I've had the fi light flashing and the bike will crank but not start. I'd cycle the ignition a couple times and it wouldn't blink anymore and the bike would start and run fine.
It's slowly happening more often. There is no pattern to the blinking, it's just on off on off on off evenly spaced at about 0.5-1 second apart.
Any ideas?

·
Registered
7 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
So on further inspection and messing around with wiring, I've found that with the fuel pump disconnected the blinking stops. When I plug it back in and cycle the ign it blinks. I unplug it and cycle the ign and no blinking. When I have it plugged in and the light is blinking l, the fuel cut relay is clicking in time with the fi light.

·
Registered
595 Posts
might be bad relay. Switch it for one of other ones to test. But then again, other ones might
be bad too. Highway-robbery what Honda charges for these crappy relays. I'm gonna cut mine off and install sockets for Bosch-style relays. So, so much more reliable and way cheaper too!

·
Registered
7 Posts
Discussion Starter · #10 ·
Found the issue, thought I'd post it for others.
The engine cut relay was supposed to be giving power to the fuel cut relay, however my bike is a track bike and has the ignition bypass and so the engine cut relay was still there to give fuel cut relay power however that relay had gone bad so fuel cut was not getting power. I assumed as the ignition was on that the engine cut relay was all good. Have now swapped out all relays and bike works great.
Thanks everyone for your help.

·
Registered
595 Posts
Good job tracking that down! (y)

1 - 11 of 11 Posts