Honda CBR 600RR Forum banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
422 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)
Need Help Removing radiator Grommet/Boss!

I'm trying to access the spark plugs and the service manual says to move the radiator downwards to get to the ignition coils, spark plugs etc. So I loosed everything the Service Manual says to do except I can't seem to "release the radiator grommet from the frame boss by moving the radiator to the left side, then move the radiator downward" - (Pg.4-8 in the Service manual.) Anyone done this or know a trick to releasing it? I'm assuming when it says to move the rad to the left side that means towards the kickstand side of the Bike.

·
Registered
11,434 Posts
You have to remove the bolt on the bottom and the radiator slides to the left. It hangs on a "tab". You don't remove the grommet. It stays on the radiator. See page 7-10

·
Registered
422 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
I removed the bolt on the bottom and I'm still tryin to get the grommet (along with the rad still attatched to it) to slide off of the frame boss... Its the same thing as pg.7-11 (second diagram from top). I've been tryin to release it from the frame for about 2 hours and it hasn't come off.

·
Registered
11,434 Posts
I had to go look. For some reason I remember dropping the right side of the radiator and then sliding it left off the tab. But I'm not sure how I did it now. I did notice that I lost the lower bolt though. Grrrr.

1 - 4 of 4 Posts