Honda CBR 600RR Forum banner

1 - 20 of 27 Posts

·
Registered
46 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
did I get a good deal or did I get a bad deal, I need this answered because I plan to resale the bike in the future...

I bought an '07 black CBR600rr with 8200 miles on it, bike came with full two brothers exhaust and flush blinkers with fender elim kit... I bought it in cash for $6000.00 the bike also had new tires put on before I bought... so please help me out what is it worth?:shakehand

·
Registered
3,308 Posts
You didn't get a deal on it, for sure.
I would say $4,500-$5,500, depending on mileage. Yours being about the middle, without seeing it.
The price of used bikes is really high right now, because of the economy, gas prices, and the decrease in manufacturing/shipments from Japan.

·
Registered
141 Posts
if its worth it to you then you did ok.

personally i would not pay that for a 07 but if you think a full system is 500+ and FE and flush maybe 200 so if you were gonna do all thoes mods anyway you saved time so just enjoy your new toy no point in worrying over resale.

·
Registered
276 Posts
i say thats about average. just be lucky you didnt pay anything over that.
FYI that 2 bros full system is gonna get annoying fast!!!

·
Registered
8,768 Posts
honeslty, unless you scored it for like 3 grand, your not going to turn a profit, and probably not even break even.

·
Registered
3,271 Posts
Yeah, definitely not the best price, especially if you're planning to sell it later on. I got my 07 Black/Silver with 1,600 miles on it in 2009 for $6,500. It was in perfect condition, bone stock.

·
Registered
46 Posts
Discussion Starter #8 (Edited)
ekulb14, your 100% right. thanks... and thanks for all the info peeps I might not resale it... might just run it til it wont run anymore and yes littleshirt lol the two bros is kinda getting on my wife's nerves but I still love it :D (I think)

·
Registered
137 Posts
sounds like it was an impulse buy...
clean bike but you def overpaid for it. go out and buy some decent gear now.

i got my 08 for 5100 a few months back.

·
Registered
2,503 Posts
I'll have to DISAGREE with everyone here. I think you got a decent deal on it for sure. There are people out there who do come across people just looking to give their bike away basically, which makes them think 6k for what you got is high, but I don't think so at all. I would be happy if I was you on that buy. My first bike I bought back in 08, was an 05 yamaha r6 raven. It had 16k miles on it, 2bros exhaust, flushmounts and I paid $6,500 BEFORE taxes. Now thats getting ripped off lol. You live and learn though.

·
Registered
46 Posts
Discussion Starter #12 (Edited)
thanks thaghost, but yea I guess it MAYBE" was and impulse buy... but I look at it like this... the two bros FULL EXHAUST runs around a thousand bucks on Amazon and I was going to get that exact exhaust anyway... but the bike already had it AND installed so that means 1K saved and probably about an hour or two of labor... I guess all in all I will NOT be re-selling the bike :D

I did have to buy a chain guard... its coming in the mail, I like to spray my chain often and w/out the guard it gets pretty messy

·
Registered
42 Posts
just got my 09for 6500 in clean shape with yoshi slip on and puig windscreen. Bike was super clean and never saw rain till I got it..., alwell. I think it was a good deal , and if u got it from a dealer you didn't do too bad. 06 black and orange are goin for 6-7000 around here and 08's any brand are going for 8000... so I think relative to the current market you did ok.

·
Registered
27 Posts
I'll have to DISAGREE with everyone here. I think you got a decent deal on it for sure. There are people out there who do come across people just looking to give their bike away basically, which makes them think 6k for what you got is high, but I don't think so at all. I would be happy if I was you on that buy. My first bike I bought back in 08, was an 05 yamaha r6 raven. It had 16k miles on it, 2bros exhaust, flushmounts and I paid $6,500 BEFORE taxes. Now thats getting ripped off lol. You live and learn though.
yes i agree it is a good deal i got a two brothers also and i love it:banger:

·
i love juggggggggzzz
7,498 Posts
i think people on this board tend to think if you didn't get a bike for nothing you got ripped off, but unfortunately this time i think you over paid. sorry, but its a toy its something to have fun with, if you like it then awesome ride the piss out of it.

i recently also bought a gsx-r 750 with a 2 brothers exhaust, i hated it, i took it off like the first week i had it. if you like yours that's good but it just wasn't for me.

1 - 20 of 27 Posts