Honda CBR 600RR Forum banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
226 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I fouled plugs a a few months back from over filling the oil.

I changed plugs and also changed fuel pump just in case.

I ran a trackday and last week a session in the rain.

It ran normally and fired up after taking it off the trailer. I rode it into the garage and thought all was well.

Yesterday, I tried to crank it and it would turn but not start. After a few tries I believe i flooded the engine and plugs.

Today, I pulled the plugs and they were wet. I cleaned them and replaced them and now it starts but sounds like a twin. It also dies after a while. I could rev it a couple times but it was far from normal.

Did I mess up a cylinder? Is a compression test next?

Please help and give any guidance you can, I have another trackday scheduled next weekend...:retard:

Thanks

·
Premium Member
14,330 Posts
Check your headers while it's running. See if any of them are cool and not heating up. Sounds like it might be a coil pack. T

·
Registered
226 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Well I took the coils out of my buds bike and there is life!

It still stumbled but it eventually cleared. I think it was cleaning out the extra gas etc...

It died again after I ran it for a long time and it sounded like no fuel is getting to the engine.

From there I lifted the engine and checked for pinched hoses. The battery by this time was dead so I had to jump it with the car.

It fired right back up and I rode it around the neighborhood street fighter style.

I think it was initially the coils. Just in case, Im switching back to the newly bought fuel pump and maybe gettting a new battery.

Lets hope I'm done...if it still is jacked I may switch with my friends brain thing that sits on top of the airbox? What does that do BTW?

·
Registered
226 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Fixed

Just in case anyone has a similar issue.

I found out that I had water in the fuel tank. When we came back from the track the bikes were drenched on the trailer. Turns out there was a pool of water in the catch pan. The next time I fired her up the vent hose sucked in a ton of water. Being that the water is heavier it was at the bottom of the tank.

I drained the tank and refueled and added some seafoam.

Leason learned...

1 - 5 of 5 Posts