Honda CBR 600RR Forum banner

1 - 18 of 18 Posts

·
Registered
5 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
having trouble starting my bike (2003 CBR 600rr) and need some help. haven't had the bike out of the garage in 5 weeks. after replacing the battery and getting the cables hooked back up it won't start. the bike
seems like it wants to turn over, but just won't fire. after talking to my local honda shop (service tech. wanted me to take off the carbs and clean them) i figured i might get an answer from someone who knows about the bike.

·
Registered
1,464 Posts
well your bike is fuel injected so i dont know what the service guy is gonna clean the carbs for lol. So dont take it to that guy. Did you leave old gas in there? Have you put newer gas in? Did you try to open the throttle once when you were starting it? If not try that. The manual will tell you so if you want to look.

·
Registered
5 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
yeah, i informed him there weren't carbs on the bike and he didn't understand....informed him i would just call the other honda shop in town. tried to crack the throttle while starting, but no luck.

·
Registered
4,894 Posts
I am having the same thing happening to my 03 600rr track bike, I just rewired it for keyless start and now nothing will happen... no prime noise but lights and speedo works.. I did the trouble shooting(engine will not start and no MIT) in the service manual and ran in to a dead end, I got to the point to check continuity on the A4 and A18 of P32 and A4 as continuity but A18 doesnt??? I know that Im getting the battery power to my ECM but no continutiy on the ground? All the fuses are good and relays are good.. battery voltage is great.. It just doesnt want to prime the FI?

·
Registered
5 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
switch, stand, gears are all good. 2-3 bars of fuel & fully charged battery.....bike is going to the shop tomorrow....will let you all know when i hear something.

·
Registered
117 Posts
ive checked my kickstand, in neutral, plenty of gas, fulyl charged batt, when i turn it on the FI and everythin turns on, it sounds like its almost ready to fire up but its just not firing up, any other ideas?

·
Registered
11,434 Posts
Bad gas can cause this. Try holding the throttle wide open and crank it. If the gas is older then 5 weeks dump the tank a try a fresh tank of gas.

·
Registered
117 Posts
seems like a pinched fuel hose? gonna strip it back down again tonight and see, the other day it backfired once and wouldnt backfire at all anymore it just putts but wont turn over

·
Registered
294 Posts
Time to get to know your bike and clean tthe sparkplugs. Mine sounded like it wanted to start in the spring and I just cleaned the plugs and it started up right away.

·
Registered
294 Posts
NewRedRider said:
Your not supposed to clean iridium tip plugs. Just replace them.
Why not? I did and it worked but I"M wondering

·
Registered
117 Posts
everything was fine until i took the bike apart the other day to get to the throttle body, i dont see how my plugs are fouled already

·
Registered
294 Posts
pbcstylez said:
everything was fine until i took the bike apart the other day to get to the throttle body, i dont see how my plugs are fouled already
It sounds like it could be somthing you did taking it apart. But my plugs fouled with less then 3000 miles on it. When I put it away for the winter I cracked it open one last time in the garage and shut it off. All that gas didnt get to burn.

·
Registered
11,434 Posts
gripnrip said:
Why not? I did and it worked but I"M wondering
It really depends on your idea of cleaning. If you're burying the plug in the dirt and burning them with gas, you might be Ok. But if you're using a brush, file, or sandpaper to clean the plug with you can damage the iridium center electrode and the gap. The SM's pretty clear. It says to check the gap with a wire type feeler gauge. If the gap is off, replace the plug. If you're cleaning it the wrong way the gap is probably off. The correct spark is very important.

pbcstylez said:
Why did you have to get to the TB's? Did you take them off? Check your fuel line from the tank. There's a "groove" in the airbox for that fuel line to follow and it's easy to get it on the wrong side of the tab on the tank.

1 - 18 of 18 Posts