Honda CBR 600RR Forum banner

1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
785 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hi,

I just noticed today that 3 hoses on the shifting side go to NOTHING. Not the 2 fat hoses but the smaller ones right next to them.

I was looking at the bottom of my bike and i noticed a small hose peak out the bottom of the fairing. Took a closer look and saw 2 more hoses coming down and just ending.

Had my bike for a year like this....

Please help.

·
Registered
785 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
That's the way they are supposed to be so don't worry about it.
are you serious?

omg thanks. i **** a brick when i saw it.

also, it seems like one of them leaked something out because i see a dark stain at the opening of it on the inside of my fairing...

the smallest of the hoses seems to be the longest, and it sticks out the bottom of my fairing a little bit and is touching my exhaust header...

that's all normal?

·
Registered
1,054 Posts
hahahaha......... so funny. there are actually 3. dont worry about them.

one is crank case evap. it WILL leak a bit of oil. just a drop every now and then especially under high load. you may see some oil on your fairing around your kickstand.

one is coolant overflow. nothing should ever come out of that unless you put waaaaaaaay too much coolant in and your overflow tank fills up and has no where left to expand but out this tube.

one is gas tank evap.

dont worry. ur fine. designed that way.

·
Registered
785 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
Over a year and you have never taken off the fairings? Wow I seem to take mine off all the time. Surprised you never noticed these b4.

Anyways BMS is right on..

haha. well, i've only taken off the lower fairing on the RIGHT side when i changed my oil.

and i've taken off the mid and upper fairings on both sides. i've never taken off the lower left side fairings ... never had to.

·
Registered
263 Posts
haha. well, i've only taken off the lower fairing on the RIGHT side when i changed my oil.

and i've taken off the mid and upper fairings on both sides. i've never taken off the lower left side fairings ... never had to.
Makes sense, Just make sure you did not pull them out or anything. The one that goes under the gas tank for evap comes off pretty easy if you tugged on it when checking where it goes.

·
Registered
258 Posts
I noticed them the first time I was putting the kickstand down. Mine seem to butt up against the stand so that when I put the stand down it pushes the tubes outward and you can see it if you look. I dunno if it was design this way or not I have a 2009 bike.

·
Registered
1,054 Posts
yea 08 they rub against the kickstand when going up or down. doesnt matter.

·
Registered
258 Posts
Makes it convienant too because you can put a cup under there where the tubes are to catch the junk coming out. After awhile I notice some wet spots in my garage before I realized it was coming from my bike :drunk:

·
Registered
1,862 Posts
It seems like my throttle adjusting thing down there will get cIght in my front sprocket i it comes unclippes. It has been unclipped but still. Zip tie time!

1 - 11 of 11 Posts