Honda CBR 600RR Forum banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
81 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I removed my brake lever today and when I put it back on I noticed the lever folder forward towards the healight...Is it normal,or did I brake something???

Another thing,I also removed the passenger pegs and the brake light in the rear doesn't work anymore, neither front or back brake?? loose wire??

·
Administrator
51,153 Posts
There is a dial there with numbers that dictates how far you want to set your lever away from the grips or closer to them

A loose spring there is a spring right behind the rear brake lever reattach the spring
and you will be set

so give these 2 steps a try any issues post back up will help you out :rocker:

·
Registered
81 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
I know about the dial,and it is workin right, but the lever folds forward has well as backward (brakin)...

·
Overpaid South Pacific Barista overactive ADHD c
27,367 Posts
got a pic, its hard to visualise?

·
Registered
739 Posts
I know exactly what your talking about. Yes the lever is suppose to fold forward also, but not many people know that. It is like that because when you turn that dial you are suppose to push the lever towards the front to relieve any pressure off of it. Watch now that I said that, there are going to be like 100+ riders saying, "whoa I never knew it rocked forward"...lol

·
Registered
250 Posts
caboarder2001 said:
I know exactly what your talking about. Yes the lever is suppose to fold forward also, but not many people know that. It is like that because when you turn that dial you are suppose to push the lever towards the front to relieve any pressure off of it. Watch now that I said that, there are going to be like 100+ riders saying, "whoa I never knew it rocked forward"...lol

+1 learned that one a while ago

·
Registered
81 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
Yeah,it's true...it's suposed to fold forward. Saw it at the dealership today too...Not a very know fact that...

About not having brake lights,it was a loose wire...

·
Registered
11,434 Posts
_YcE_RR_ said:
Yeah,it's true...it's suposed to fold forward. Saw it at the dealership today too...Not a very know fact that...

About not having brake lights,it was a loose wire...
Make sure you hooked your return spring back up. It connects the brake light switch with the lever. Did you adjust the brake light switch? Make sure the light isn't stuck on instead.

1 - 8 of 8 Posts