Honda CBR 600RR Forum banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
5 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Firstly - Hello to all - been reading for a while but though it's about time I contributed.

Was gonna remove the side fairing the other weekend to give it a really good tidy up but instead I found a crack on the nose fairing running from the lower bolt up toward the lights.

Now - the crack isn't noticable so although I was pissed, I know it can be repaired. My question is, I'm touring real soon (Leaving the UK to ride Spain & the west coast of France).

Now, will the air pressure on the nose really affect this crack or can I wait till I get back to get it repaired. (Thinking a plastic weld from behind to seal it then lots of wax to work the crack out or something - but I know nothing about this)

Any help / advice would be great.

T

ps. All you american guys with the huge garages - I'm jealous...

·
Registered
428 Posts
without pictures of the size of the crack it is hard to say...but by your description, if you never noticed it before it must be small and i wouldnt worry at all

·
Registered
3,375 Posts
Yep, buy fiberglass repair kit, comes with Bondo Resin, hardener, fiberglass cloth, and stirring thing, directions inside will tell you how to do it, mix hardener and Resin together, cut out peice of cloth, soak it in the mixture of resin/hardener, lay it over the crack on the inside of the fairing (after u sanded the inside real good to give it something to grip too) and hold it together tight till the bondo is hard enough to hold it together itself, stuff is like liquid steel its great, will hold it forever.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts