Honda CBR 600RR Forum banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
38 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hey everyone, I have an 08 CBR and I would like to put in HIDs and Projectors into it. I saw the BKmoto ones but have gotten mixed reviews on them and they are pricey. I wanted to use the DDM HID kit for the H7 bulbs and use projectors with them. However, I have no idea where to buy the projectors to go with them. Does anyone know where I can get them from? I am also looking at getting the back plate from Tripage for mounting purposes. Any help would be greatly appreciated. Thanks in advance!

·
Premium Member
14,330 Posts
projectors are going to have HID bulbs that are smaller than H7's. I don't believe anyone makes a H7 projector housing.
https://www.theretrofitsource.com/ has some quality projectors/parts that are backed by them.

·
Registered
38 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
projectors are going to have HID bulbs that are smaller than H7's. I don't believe anyone makes a H7 projector housing.
https://www.theretrofitsource.com/ has some quality projectors/parts that are backed by them.
Thanks a lot for the information and the link. In that case would something like this work, DDM Tuning: HID and LED Lighting

I have heard very good things about DDM and want to give them a shot, but i am also looking at the site provided by you.

·
Premium Member
14,330 Posts
Yes those can work. You just have to determine how you are going to install them to the headlight housing. We have backplates that can be used in most cases. Just drill out to fit the projector and install the plates in the housing. T

Projector Backplates

·
Registered
38 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Yes those can work. You just have to determine how you are going to install them to the headlight housing. We have backplates that can be used in most cases. Just drill out to fit the projector and install the plates in the housing. T

Projector Backplates
Awesome thanks a lot for the help! I already had the back plates in my cart from you guys. Love the IT I got from you as well!

·
Registered
245 Posts
If you're savvy enough, you can retrofit it yourself and save on coin. I used DDM HID's (very happy customer with DDM, used their HID's in many vehicles) and found quality projectors on fleabay or amazon can't remember. There's also a how-to kicking around on here to wire it up so it's dual low's and dual hi's. I also installed a switch so it's halo's on at start, switched low's and stock switch for hi's.

·
Registered
38 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
If you're savvy enough, you can retrofit it yourself and save on coin. I used DDM HID's (very happy customer with DDM, used their HID's in many vehicles) and found quality projectors on fleabay or amazon can't remember. There's also a how-to kicking around on here to wire it up so it's dual low's and dual hi's. I also installed a switch so it's halo's on at start, switched low's and stock switch for hi's.
Thanks for the advice! to be able to do that, would you know what HID kit I need to get from DDM? Would it just be the regular h7 kit? Also for your Halo's, where would you recommend buying the halo + CCFL inverter? Sorry for so many questions and thanks again for all your help.

·
Registered
245 Posts
Well like I said I picked mine up on either eBay or Amazon, just do some searching around- I believe mine are 3.5" and they are a tight squeeze but still work fine, I'd get 3" if I were to do the project over again. The backing plate from tripage is a must, makes for a very clean install. The hardest part is tucking everything away neatly. I increased the length of the "stock" wiring that came with my projectors as well so I wasn't restricted by their lengths. As for DDM, just buy whatever size bulb that the projectors you pick out call for. If you want hi/lo make sure to select that option. Glad to help, it was a fun winter project for me last winter and serves both an aesthetic and functional purpose. Great mod.

Edit: The halo will come as part of the projector, you don't have to buy them separately.

1 - 8 of 8 Posts