Honda CBR 600RR Forum banner

1 - 18 of 18 Posts

·
Registered
316 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I tried searching for guide to install Woodcraft frame slider on a 2009 but cant find anything.
Anybody tell me how please. The hard part is where exactly to drill the 2" hole. Thanks in advance. Peace.

Sent from my Motorcycle iPhone app

·
Registered
766 Posts
If there is no room around the puck to move a bit when the bike goes down it will crack your plastics. These are frame sliders, however most people use them to protect their plastics. If this is your goal, keep that in mind.

·
Registered
316 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
Thanks guys. I want to put them on primarily to protect my frame. Fairing comes second only. Thanks again!

·
Registered
596 Posts
I drilled my holes 2.5in... havent installed the plastics as they are being painted right now but i hope it works out ok

·
Registered
3,340 Posts
I tried searching for guide to install Woodcraft frame slider on a 2009 but cant find anything.
Anybody tell me how please. The hard part is where exactly to drill the 2" hole. Thanks in advance. Peace.

Too bad you're 2 hours away. I know you got the bike the same time as I did and I'm going to install the frame slider and HID tomorrow.

I'm thinking of drilling 2.5" or 2.75" to leave enough room for a rubber grommet.

·
Registered
316 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
Too bad you're 2 hours away. I know you got the bike the same time as I did and I'm going to install the frame slider and HID tomorrow.

I'm thinking of drilling 2.5" or 2.75" to leave enough room for a rubber grommet.
GL with the install! Im sure its gonna turn out great. Let me know!

·
Registered
68 Posts

To bad you don't live nearby. My Phoenix is cut for slider, I would of swapt your lowers for mine. I'm putting on 07 lowers.

·
Registered
316 Posts
Discussion Starter #14
To bad you don't live nearby. My Phoenix is cut for slider, I would of swapt your lowers for mine. I'm putting on 07 lowers.
I somehow agree with you. We'll see when i get it.

·
Registered
3,340 Posts
Took the whole day to install it. Well...it look like crap. The hole is too big so I recommend cutting 2.25" for woodcraft frame slider. In addition, the fairing is at an angle so it makes the hole look bigger than it should. I missed the way my 2006 look.

·
Registered
316 Posts
Discussion Starter #17
Took the whole day to install it. Well...it look like crap. The hole is too big so I recommend cutting 2.25" for woodcraft frame slider. In addition, the fairing is at an angle so it makes the hole look bigger than it should. I missed the way my 2006 look.
Im sure its not that bad. Like me you're probably a lil perfectionist. Post some pictures.

1 - 18 of 18 Posts