Honda CBR 600RR Forum banner

1 - 20 of 22 Posts

·
BOTM Winner 09/12 Repsol DaRizzo And Don't U Forg
17,681 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hey everyone,
I just turned on my PS3 and it wont read disks anymore. It says its always loading and there was an error that came up. I looked on line and the way i guess you fix it is to pull out the disk reader. Does anyone know how to fix this?

·
Registered
247 Posts
If you shut it down while its downloading an update and turn it back on while not connected to the internet it could cause it to not read disk. If thats not the case then you might have some lint or dirt on the disk reader. You can google a "how to" on removing it/cleaning it. If that doesn't fix it then its probably burnt up and you need a new disk reader or some other parts?

Hey everyone,
I just turned on my PS3 and it wont read disks anymore. It says its always loading and there was an error that came up. I looked on line and the way i guess you fix it is to pull out the disk reader. Does anyone know how to fix this?

·
17,681 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
If you shut it down while its downloading an update and turn it back on while not connected to the internet it could cause it to not read disk. If thats not the case then you might have some lint or dirt on the disk reader. You can google a "how to" on removing it/cleaning it. If that doesn't fix it then its probably burnt up and you need a new disk reader or some other parts?
Ok i will try this. my brother said some gamers said that its a problem with their hard drive

·
Registered
247 Posts
Ok i will try this. my brother said some gamers said that its a problem with their hard drive
on my PS2 slim i had a problem with the disk reader. I just had to take it apart and clean the lens and make sure the little shaft it slides on was lubed.

·
17,681 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
well thta was a ps2...i think i might send it in to somewhere

·
Registered
247 Posts
I'm not sure on this but it might have a 1 yr warranty from Sony if you still have the receipt.

·
Registered
363 Posts
I had to replace the laser lense on my ps3. part cost me about $65 and took me about a hour to do.

·
17,681 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
I had to replace the laser lense on my ps3. part cost me about $65 and took me about a hour to do.
ya i dont know how to do that...so i just went and bout the new 120gb one. my bro and i split it soi got a new one for 100

·
17,681 Posts
Discussion Starter #16
PS3 doesn't suck. It's an awesome Bluray player and I have an old school one so I can play PS1 and PS2 games on it.

....do they even make PS3 games? I use my PS3 for everything but PS3 games. Haha.
lol now the new ones..they suck

·
Registered
281 Posts
I got a PS3 like 3 months ago, so far I played about 5hrs total on it, and that was on the first week, to me it was a waist of money.
Only thing I like about it is the Blue-Ray feature, watched Planet Earth, the Discovery Channel Documentary, now that was nice.
Anyone wants to buy my 120gb PS3 ??

·
Registered
598 Posts
mine did exactly the same thing yesterday, will not read any discs, will eject and load a disc but thats it. pain is its the equivalent of $180 to get a new laser here.

·
17,681 Posts
Discussion Starter #20
mine did exactly the same thing yesterday, will not read any discs, will eject and load a disc but thats it. pain is its the equivalent of $180 to get a new laser here.
lasers are 75 on the net..look round

1 - 20 of 22 Posts