Honda CBR 600RR Forum banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
1,244 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
OK well i decided I needed to change grips today. Well i got the other ones off alright but when i was putting the new ones on with the alcohol, i think i might have been to hard on the throttle maybe. I went on a ride afterwards and my throttle seemed to have more give then it did before. Like i had to turn it more to start accelerating if that makes sense. Is there a way to tighten up that so it is more responsive?

·
Registered
739 Posts
I know this sounds like a retarted response, but my friend had the same problem and I found that the grip was slightly loose, so it would slip a little every time as you twisted the throttle, making it feel like more twist was required. You might want to check that, I know your probable an intellegent guy, but he was too

·
Registered
613 Posts
Looen the nut where the throttle cable meets the grip. Turn the adjuster outward a few turns. Test free play, adjust again as necessary and retighten nut.

·
Registered
1,244 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
buck_y_lee said:
Looen the nut where the throttle cable meets the grip. Turn the adjuster outward a few turns. Test free play, adjust again as necessary and retighten nut.
Im not really sure what you mean by this, There are 2 nuts where the throttle cable meets the grip.... i just want to make it so i dont have to turn it a 1/2" before its starts to accelerate, it sucks..... HELP PLEASE!

1 - 6 of 6 Posts