Honda CBR 600RR Forum banner

1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
33 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I have an 03 rr and the other day it started heating up. I could see temp rising and could smell coolant, and than started seeing smoke coming up through the handle bars. When I went to pull over, the fans kicked in at about 218 and started spraying coolant everywhere. When I stopped coolant just poured out to the ground. I let it sit for a while and it was fine until it hit about 215 again. None of the hoses are leaking that I can tell, but I can see coolant coming out through the front right side of the radiator (if you are looking at it from the front of the bike). What could be the problem? Is it the radiator or what else could it be. Im new so any help would be awesome. TIA, John

·
Registered
120 Posts
sounds like you have a hole either in a hose or the radiator you may have took a rock into it

·
Registered
2,963 Posts
sounds like you have a hole either in a hose or the radiator you may have took a rock into it
Yep, you will of to do some trouble shooting to pin point the hole .Just take off the mid faring on the side were the coolant reservoir so that you can see a good view, turn on the bike and let it run, the temp will rise and look for the leak

1 - 3 of 3 Posts