Honda CBR 600RR Forum banner

1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
15 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Okay. My bike has been down for two months and counting. I bent my bent my sub frame, broke my upper cowl, split my windscreen, and twisted my forks. So far so good, I've fixed everything except for my upper cowl. I tried to go aftermarket fiberglass, but it's not working out at all, none seem to fit whatsoever, and I don't want to force it and break it. I'm almost sure I have to go OEM. In the meanwhile, I found out that the 2006 CBR600RR will not start without its headlights. I've searched and looked for all ways to start it without them, pulling fuses, different wire harnesses, I even looking into pinning my headlight harness plug. To no avail, the bike would not turnover without the headlights. I know it’s possible, but I can’t seem to get it done. The main reason I want to get the bike rolling is to check my fork work. I think it was just the yoke, and it was just a little spun, but I’m worried it could something more like the triple tree. The bottom line question is, how to start the bike without headlights, and also, what should I do if I don’t want to drop 450+ for an OEM cowl….? Any help would be great; I’m stuck in the mud over here.

·
Registered
2,880 Posts
hmmm

well I had the same kinda thing and as long as you have the front wiring harness hooked up to the head unit and the tilt sensor hooked up it should work without headlights in place. If your tilt sensor is obliderated then just let me know and I can hook you up with the wiring diagram that moeman helped me out with to jump it for the time being. But as everyone on here feels it's not the wisest thing to ride without the tilt sensor because if you do go down the bike wont turn off.
Hope that helps and you can get her back on the road!

Ben

·
Registered
15 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Yeah. I thought about removing the wiring harness from the headlamps and ridein like that. But it's a lot of wire, and looked unsafe. Does something HAVE to be plugged into the main harness? What if I pulled the tank and took out the whole thing? I'm full of questions about all this. I could be misunderstanding you. I will take a look at the diagram though. :D It would be a great help to me.

1 - 3 of 3 Posts