Honda CBR 600RR Forum banner

1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
589 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
ok so i was out riding on my 06 today all was well, then i stopped at the local auto store for some stuff. anyway i come back out to the bike and it wont start battery is dead, so i do the run and pop clutch method and i ride it for like an hour, went home and when i tried to start it, nothing. so i charged my batter for awhile on a charger, put it back on and presto bike was all good again, then later on same **** happened again. wtf! so when i did the pop the clutch method i was riding it home and my engine was bogging when i came to stop signs, and also my high beam lights barely worked and my display was on and off. this cant be a bad battery, what i think it could be the stator or the regulator. anyone who has had a similar problem please provide some input in what to do with out it costing me a arm and a leg. thx

·
Registered
621 Posts
why don't you think its the battery ? the battery is used for cranking the motor, and when the bike starts i believe the charging system kicks in... u can buy a battery tester @ a auto part place where u can put a load on the battery, or use a meter to test ur battery.. i would help u out but you fugggin far far away.. Goodluck bro

·
Registered
589 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
my first assumption was the battery, but after the bike starts you dont really use the battery right? i check it out on the weekend with my meter and hopefully its the battery

·
Registered
1,378 Posts
i would test the stator to start.

·
Registered
2,120 Posts
Sounds like the normal regulator problem to me. Just search " bike won't start when hot" and you'll get several threads talking about the same thing.

·
Registered
589 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
ok at the moment i am getting a load test done on the battery from the local bike shop here. so now can i assume if it passes the load test it can either be the regulator or stator?

·
Registered
589 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
alright load test done and they say the battery is toast. so new battery on the way! i hope i no more problems with this

·
Registered
589 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
so i put a new battery in, bike fired right up i go riding for a couple hours then hit the coffee shop to chat with a few buddies. i go to start my bike and guess what same crap again. definately not the battery, im thinking regulator now. and the stealership wants 200 for a new one and i dont know if i should buy used

1 - 9 of 9 Posts