Honda CBR 600RR Forum banner

1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
7 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
So, recently I returned home and checked on the bike to find that someone(s) had tampered with it. Sadly, being newish to this bike I'm not totally sure what they did or how to fix it. I've looked around for some answers but came up dry. I was hoping to have an idea what to tell the mechanic if I end up having to take it there. See the pics below... Any help would be greatly appreciated.

Attachments

·
Administrator
51,151 Posts
This one of the over flow hoses follow it with your hand towards the top side if its hooked up to the bottom of the gas tank like its supposed to be than you are good & all you have to do is reroute it to put it back in place

·
Administrator
51,151 Posts
Look at this picture this is my 03 RR look at how the hose runs and match it on your bike
Its easy you will figure it out if not ask questions and will get you sorted out

Reactions: sacRR

·
Registered
7 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Thanks for the reply and the pic. I see how it runs on your bike, but I'm still not seeing the place where the lower part is attached. Is it just free floating to the base of the bike? Do I need to taking the fairing off to get to the other end of the connection?

·
Administrator
51,151 Posts
You bet Miss O'seven had more CF but Miss18RR got only the stock CF goods she came with I am staying away from that addiction till I get a job

·
Administrator
51,151 Posts
Thanks for the reply and the pic. I see how it runs on your bike, but I'm still not seeing the place where the lower part is attached. Is it just free floating to the base of the bike? Do I need to taking the fairing off to get to the other end of the connection?
You do not have to take anything off hold those hose from the middle pull it off the bottom slightly till you send it's end then reroute it behind or parallel to the 2 fat radiator hoses then slide it towards the left side lower you will see where the other 2 over flow hoses are run the third one the same way and slide into that rectangle shape opening that is in the lower right by the kick stand try it out any questions post them up

·
Registered
7 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
Alright, thanks for the advice. I re-routed it behind the other hoses since it was still firmly attached to the tank. I'll take a pic tomorrow, or after the bike is cleaner. Didn't realize how dusty/dirty it was, despite being covered 95% of the time. Guess the next thing I'll be shopping for is a proper cover.

·
Administrator
51,151 Posts
Take a picture and post it next time and will give you my opinion

·
Administrator
51,151 Posts
Tease to please your eyes and mine once more

·
Registered
236 Posts
Look at this picture this is my 03 RR look at how the hose runs and match it on your bike
Its easy you will figure it out if not ask questions and will get you sorted out

sorry off topic, but the carbon fiber makes the bike extremely sexy

1 - 11 of 11 Posts