Honda CBR 600RR Forum banner

1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
need a 1krr
1,088 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
So I went to all the honda dealerships in my area today asking where people rode/met up for rides and they knew NOTHING. I thought if anyone would know who rode and where it'd be the honda shop... but no such luck. Keep in mind, I am new to the area Im in so I dont know any riders and don't really want to cruise anywhere to find a bunch of squids. I have also tried multiple times to meet up with riders through .net but nobody has responded to my threads. Sooo... I just got ready to head to class and finished my ride.

After my business law class I headed out to my bike and saw a black 07 600rr sittin next to my bike. I have the black 06 and they looked nice lined up next to each other:icon_lol:. I thought, "nice bike, wonder who owns that baby". As I was strappin my book to my seat rack the dude walked towards the 07. I could tell right away he was new to riding by the scrapes on his lower left engine cover. Found out he works for Honda at their Iowa location and they are paying for his bachelors and put him in a management training program. Pretty cool. After we talked about mods, techniques, all kinds of stuff, he went to start his bike and it wouldn't turn over. He had turned his key on before we talked and after 20 minutes it was just shy of the juice it was needing. I asked him if he wanted me to bump start it and he was like "huh? uh sure, whatever that means". He was gonna call for help and I told him it'd be no biggie. This was the first time I have had a chance to ride the 07 and it is a BIG difference in feel from my 06. It didn't feel like it had any more low end, but I did only get it up to about 25 mph and turned around to give it back to him. Anyhow, he was a real cool guy and I told him all about the mods he needed and what not. He had a helmet and gloves, but no other gear. I had all mine so he was asking me about where I got my boots and everything else. He said the only other guy he has rode with had a new gixxer, suprise suprise, but he wrecked it twice this summer and the second time it was totalled (1st time wheelie gone wrong, second time wheelied into the local news van, LOL). I got a feeling this guy isn't going to be a squid, seems real careful and eager to learn. The best kind of noob.

Of course I told him all about .net so I expect he'll be introducing himself within a week or so. Finally nice to have another rr rider in the area that seems worth hangin with. Oh, and gettin on at Honda after I graduate this spring could prove to be a good move too, who knows.

·
Registered
178 Posts
wow... thats a cool story. still looking to meet a good group to ride with in my area

·
need a 1krr
1,088 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
where in IL you at...i'm just south of chicago and we have a huge group of people that ride pretty much everyday
seems like everyone from IL is in chicago. Im in the Quad Cities (IL/IA border). Im about 3 hours from downtown Chi

·
Registered
743 Posts
What exactly is a bump start? lol. Same as poppin the clutch in a car? I also need to find some riders in my area who aren't squids. MY buddy rides with stunters and they just wear t-shirts with their helmet and gloves. I want to find some guys to ride with, preferably some Honda guys.

·
need a 1krr
1,088 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
What exactly is a bump start? lol. Same as poppin the clutch in a car? I also need to find some riders in my area who aren't squids. MY buddy rides with stunters and they just wear t-shirts with their helmet and gloves. I want to find some guys to ride with, preferably some Honda guys.
yep. you just run a lil, hop on, put it in 2nd... and make the magic happen, lol

I used to have two buddies with honda's but one moved and the other totaled his bike.. then totaled his next one... now only has his bmw for driftin. It's not hard findin people riding around but I dont think Im gonna make u-turns to catch up to some people and freak them out, LOL!

·
Registered
7,045 Posts
Sometimes it blows my mind, I think some people don't think and realize the entirely responsibilty associated with riding. Brand new bikes all marked up, only wearing helmet and gloves, etc. It's like, 'do you get it? What happens if it all goes wrong?'

·
need a 1krr
1,088 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
^^^ I was basically by myself cuz I didn't ask him to help push... I couldn't believe how easy it bump started tho... easiest bumpstart I've ever done! I hate those times when you're trying for like 20 minutes to bumpstart a freakin bike.

·
Registered
2,628 Posts
Right on bro, im sure he will be much better off under your wing than his idiot buddy (squid) with the gsxr...oh and that **** about him doin a wheelie right into a news van...god in heaven please let that news cast be rollin! hahahaha, I would love to see that in action. A+

·
need a 1krr
1,088 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
^^ ya, woulda been hilarious to see that crash... I think they could work that footage into a modern day anchorman movie

1 - 12 of 12 Posts