Honda CBR 600RR Forum banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
33 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)
Brakes not working

Riders....

I had my back brake recall done on my 2004 Honda. Everything looked ok when I left the shop except when I tried to use the front brake there was nothing....I slid down a hill sideways because it was raining and my back tire skidded. I have no idea why my front brakes aren't working?? They work when I am going under 15km/h but anything over and they feel like spunge. I tried "bleeding" them yesterday but that didn't work, I checked out the brake pads yet there is still some left, I also checked for any leakes but there was none. Has anyone ever had this problem before?? Any adv would help. Personal email is [email protected]

Thanks,
Loco_RR

·
Registered
33 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
Hey fellas,

Shity situation....I phoned the shop manager yesterday to get this **** resolved. He said that when I took my bike in, the mechanic noticed that my front rotor was bent....So I asked him, "how did he know the front rotor was bent when he was fixing my back brakes?" He had no answer. I also thought to myself, why did they let me leave the shop not telling me that my rotor was bent. One mechanic when I returned that day told me that there was air in the lines. I "bled" them but no help. I think that my only solution is to take him to small claims court. I'm riding down to Laguna Seca this summer so this **** better be resolved before I go. Anyway, I'll update you once I know. Thank for all your help.
Loco_RR

·
Registered
2,266 Posts
Yup. Sounds fishy to me. My guess is they messed something up and were waiting to see how you responded. Probably just a letter from a lawyer mentioning court might be enough to get em to do something.

·
Registered
11,434 Posts
Well either way the manager has a problem.

a) They bent the rotor and didn't tell you.

b) They noticed the rotors were bent and didn't tell you.

What an asshat! Call American Honda and let them know you want to file a compliant to have this resolved before you threaten them with a lawsuit. Keep that intention to yourself unless there is no other option left. If you mention the word lawsuit they will clam up. Have them pay for any damage to the bike due to your crash also.

1 - 8 of 8 Posts