Honda CBR 600RR Forum banner

1 - 20 of 90 Posts

·
Registered
1,862 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
A new episode of the drama!!! hahaha ( you wont it get unless you read the other topics)

Basically im looking for some advice on how to deal with other riders herrassing me.

In case you didn't know
Recently, a yellow r1 fell on my bike, and the owner claimed i ran into his. Make a long story short: police report is on my side, insurance claim is on my side, i didn't hit the bike and the r1 owner is pissed.

The story
So, i was out for a short ride the other day, went to the next town. While stopped at a gas station, the yellow r1 owner and his friend pulled up.

When i walked outside to leave, i tried to be polite and just gave him a small wave and knod of the head. He returned by saying "don't wave at me bitch." So i just laughed and went on my way while he tried to yell at me over the wind.

^^^^^^ This isn't the part im talking about.

So i leave to head back home, i look back and see them coming up behind me. The yellow r1 owner blows past me on the left about 6 inches away probably going 100+. So, figuring the other rider would pass on the left as well, i scooted over to the right slightly. Well, the r1 owners friend blows past me on my right right probably about an inch away from hitting me.

I know this will not be the last "incident", as im sure ill see them in the future when im riding.

I was just looking for some insight as what would be the best way to handle this situation.

I'm not afraid of them, but someday their little "scare tactics" are gonna go wrong and i may end up dead.

·
Registered
8,768 Posts
call the cops?

·
Registered
2,075 Posts
If it happens again, call the police and explain the situation. Explain that they just made an attempt on your life with their vehicals. :thumbup:

Otherwise, I wouldn't have said/done sh*t to them after the reaction he gave from your last post about this.

D

·
0 Posts
Surely you meant to spell harassing, but if not, what is this her assing you speak of, and is 2xidb allowed?

·
Premium Member
4,827 Posts
:+1::+1::+1::+1:eek:n the above advice,

but you also have to get a helmet cam, get the 808 keychain a cheap one you can use while your riding,

I would also notify the police on what they just did, so when/if it happens again you have some footage, and a previous incident, it would also be good to have it, in case you stop and they come by and knock your bike over,

I would suggest a discreet camera, so in case they get in your face, you can have that as well,

sorry to hear about your man troubles, hahaha, just ribbing you,

if anything man, just ignore them if you see them, and get some protection, or keep your kevlar gloves on, if you have them,

good luck, remember the footage is going to be very important if this escalates,

·
Registered
853 Posts
Attempted assault with a deadly weapon?

·
Registered
766 Posts
Next time be in your car and open your car door :crackup:

jK ... :+1: report it to the cops even if you don't get a chance to film it. At least the cops will be aware of the situation and if something does happen, it will just solidify your claim.

·
Premium Member
4,827 Posts
Next time be in your car and open your car door :crackup:

jK ... :+1: report it to the cops even if you don't get a chance to film it. At least the cops will be aware of the situation and if something does happen, it will just solidify your claim.

:crackup::crackup::crackup::crackup::crackup:

·
Registered
2,075 Posts
Most important thing you can do is call your local police department, ask what you should do should an incident like this happens again and get the full name and badge number or the cop giving you the advice. Probably best to do this in person.

Being that you already have pending litigation (I think you said you did) with one of the riders already, you and they (the police) should already have the guys info. They should be able to see why there is a situation and favor you because you are taking preemptive action.

Good luck

·
Registered
1,862 Posts
Discussion Starter #16
all very good info :)

adam: the cop when talking to me was a ****, but my insurance agent said when he read the police report it said the r1 owner didn't secure his bike.

Thanks guys, ill go talk to the police as soon as i can.

A problem though is that all these events happened in another town from where i live. But, talking to the police will help.

---A side note, a fellow rider i know talked to a Sheriff of the town over where these guys ride a lot. They are getting ready to go bust them on a bunch of evasions and things like that. They know who they are and where they live. Maybe there is some way i can help screw them over through the law, haha.

·
Registered
1,862 Posts
Discussion Starter #17 (Edited)
You must live in a small town. lol Stuff they're doing reminds me of high school.

Kinda, about 35,000. Yeah, these are guys who just never really grew up and think having 2 wheels under your ass makes you an instant bad ass and god's gift to man.

Edit: Also, my girl friend knows the guy who owns the R1 and he is scared of her cause she can be a bitch. :)

·
Registered
500 Posts
Get a CCW, any mothertrucker that harasses me and threatens my life, I will let them know if they keep it up it will be a fatal mistake. All you have to do is let them see it. Dont point it at him, for the lov of God, dont shoot him. Just let him know he needs to quit fvcking with you (really, dont fvck with guns, it will only end bad, but its what I would do).

I also like the bat option mentioned above

the only downfall is that your address is on the police report, but then again, so is his.

·
Registered
712 Posts
I hope your bike and vehicles are parked inside.

Purchase some home defense in case they decide to stop by.

Notify the police of recent events.

video camera, at home and when you ride.

1 - 20 of 90 Posts