Honda CBR 600RR Forum banner

1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Registered
15 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hey everyone!
I rode my 07 600rr for a couple weeks and took it up to 145mph, but then decided to ride it to school.
So I tried to install a scorpio i900 alarm, using the provided t-tap splicers (because I couldn't find the plug for my factory connector kit). The alarm kinda worked but the engine won't start.
I took off the alarm and all the wires and connectors, but no change: the electrics work, the starter motor turns but no engine start.
Did I cut one of the wires with the splicers or something? I may have used one incorrect wire - the instructions said to connect to the orange wire but I used the yellow one with red stripe because there was no orange.

How can this be fixed? I really appreciate yall's help!

·
Premium Member
13,137 Posts
Welcome to the forum mate, and we'll have that bike sorted out soon enough!

·
Registered
1,378 Posts
^common Nico. I know you are trying to whore up the new members and all but I know you can do better than that.

Just to make sure it's def something from installing the alarm, make sure your kickstand is up, bike is in neutral, and the kill switch isn't flipped. If you try that, and it doesn't work... Does the fuel pump prime when you turn the key? Are you sure the battery isn't low? The starter should turn the engine pretty fast in order to get the bike started.

·
Registered
20 Posts
Hey Bud, I try to stay away from the clamps cause I always end up cutting a wire. You might check the wire's you used that yuo didn't cut one, also check your fuse box.

·
Registered
15 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
Hey guys, yeah the battery is fine - I even tried to start it using a road side assistance jumpstarter, and the kickstand, neutral and kill switch are all in the right place - the motor just spins forever but no start.

But how do you check for a blown fuse or cut wire?
Thanks again

·
Registered
1,378 Posts
Fuses are under the front seat. Does the fuel pump prime when you turn the key?

·
Registered
289 Posts
I second the notion for a blown fuse.

Also, if your unsure, don't so it. Splicing the wrong wire could do some serious damage to control units.

·
Registered
21 Posts
I did this on my own and I didn't do it right the first time, I know im not good at electronics, so better leave it to the professionals and pay the price, they have the tools and knowledges. I pay a total of 450 to have it installed. i900 is a nice lil alarm, not as loud IMO. But I do like the light effect when you turn it on and off

·
Registered
269 Posts
Hey guys, yeah the battery is fine - I even tried to start it using a road side assistance jumpstarter, and the kickstand, neutral and kill switch are all in the right place - the motor just spins forever but no start.

But how do you check for a blown fuse or cut wire?
Thanks again
Check the fuses by looking at the filament inside, if filament is broken its bad. If its the kind you cant visually check, get an ohmmeter and test resistance through the fuse. If it shows infinite resistance its open(bad). If it shows a .01 or.1 or some really small value, then fuse is ok.

·
Premium Member
13,137 Posts
^common Nico. I know you are trying to whore up the new members and all but I know you can do better than that.

Just to make sure it's def something from installing the alarm, make sure your kickstand is up, bike is in neutral, and the kill switch isn't flipped. If you try that, and it doesn't work... Does the fuel pump prime when you turn the key? Are you sure the battery isn't low? The starter should turn the engine pretty fast in order to get the bike started.
Just saying hi to those that didn't get a response...

And he has another thread in the troubleshooting section that I was talking to him in....

http://www.600rr.net/vb/showthread.php?p=3060632#post3060632

1 - 12 of 12 Posts