Honda CBR 600RR Forum banner
1 - 2 of 2 Posts

·
Registered
9 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hey everyone, I am brand new to the sport bike scene. I raced motocross for about 5 years when I was an early teenager from about 10-15 years old. I started getting into freestyle on some big air jumps and long story short, I had way to many ridiculous semi freak accidents and I ended up giving it up but Ive always wanted to be on a bike again...

2 weeks ago I picked up a used 2009 CBR 600 rr green/black with only 2800 miles and boy is it fun. I have already found some longggg and very flat open roads and hit speeds well into the triple digits but now I want to focus more on improving my quick turning skills, maybe sooner or later some knee scraping turns but Im just so scared to lose traction!

Anyway, I picked up a scorpion jacket and helmet so I can protect my skin if I do fall (hopefully not a high side as those HURTTTTTT, its happened on my dirtbike) a few times

Anyway, I need to get rid of these OEM ugly ass blinkers and tail lights ASAP and I wanna do a custom lighting job with the headlights, and get an exhaust... EVERYONE KEEPS ASKING ME WHY 1 HEADLIGHT IS OUT AND ITS SO ANNOYING

adios! :ciao:

P.S. non of my motocross skills (and I was a damn fast racer) translate over to the street except clutch and throttle control, its weird relearning everything) :banger:

·
Registered
phoenix, RIP. team white, RIP. 1098S, sold. only a cage as transport for now.
2,147 Posts
welcome to the dot net. it'd not that hard to go fast in a straight line. i thought i was the sh!t, then i got introduced to the twisties. since you have a background in mx, i'm sure you know the importance of having quality gear. consider taking an msf course. they have one tailored specifically for sportbikes. there's a wealth of knowledge to be learned. good luck.

oh yeah. dude, one of your headlights is out.

1 - 2 of 2 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.