·
Administrator
51,155 Posts
Welcome to the RR addiction

·
Registered
9 Posts
Isn't an hour south of Halifax...the Atlantic Ocean? :toothy4:

I live in Toronto but travel to the Pictou area on occasion. Very nice province you guys have there...

Lunenburg, Bridgewater, Mahone Bay etc are all roughly an hour south of Hfx.

Max, have you ever taken your bike along the Cabot Trail? It's a couple of hours north of Pictou and is a must do.

Welcome Ledson.

·
Registered
39 Posts

Max, have you ever taken your bike along the Cabot Trail? It's a couple of hours north of Pictou and is a must do.

Welcome Ledson.
Cabot trail would be awsome, not sure my a** could handle that far. Take me 5 hours to get there and most of the day to get around the trail. Lots of twisties though.

·
Registered
460 Posts
Yea, I know, I was just kidding about the fact that, techically, due south of Halifax is ocean... :toothy4:

You know, my wife asked me if I wanted to tow the bike out there on our last trip so I can boot around the countryside while she visits her relatives. I said no because the roads I have enountered in Nova Scotia are beautiful, twisty, scenic, and damn bumpy. Perfect for my WRX, notsogreat for a moto.

Isn't the Cabot Trail south of Pictou? That is where they were going to do the TT, correct? I was so ready to come out to watch if they did the TT thing, too bad they didn't...

·
Registered
9 Posts
Yea, I know, I was just kidding about the fact that, techically, due south of Halifax is ocean... :toothy4:

You know, my wife asked me if I wanted to tow the bike out there on our last trip so I can boot around the countryside while she visits her relatives. I said no because the roads I have enountered in Nova Scotia are beautiful, twisty, scenic, and damn bumpy. Perfect for my WRX, notsogreat for a moto.

Isn't the Cabot Trail south of Pictou? That is where they were going to do the TT, correct? I was so ready to come out to watch if they did the TT thing, too bad they didn't...
Parts of the Cabot Trail are bumpy but having all those turns more than make up for it. The scenery is also pretty amazing (not something I normally notice on a sportbike so that says a lot).
It's too bad about the TT. Some turns are on hairpin overlooking a cliff so I am glad in a way given the chance of someone going over. The Cabot Trail is as north in Nova Scotia as you can get and is worth looking into. There should be some movie clips you can google.

edit: added movie link
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=K-r-lapBtks

·
Registered
28 Posts
Traveled the Cabot Trail only once this year. The actual trail is in great shape but the roads leading to/from can be bumpy but I guess it all depends upon what your use to. Riders from Toronto and/or SoCal would not be impressed but I'm from northern NS and I have no problem with em.

Welcome ledson, recognize the name from speedjunkie. (www.speedjunkie.ca)

1 - 20 of 20 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.