Honda CBR 600RR Forum banner

1 - 20 of 26 Posts

·
Registered
7 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hi all, i am from Australia and have just come across this great site.

I currently have a Kawasaki Z1000 that i have advertised for sale here at home and i want to get a 600rr for a track/race bike.

I have done a few track days and one race meet on the Z (amatuer race) but i really want to get on something more suited to the track.

Can anyone tell me when honda did updates of the mighty 600 and how much better they got? ie i know the 07 model had a big weight loss, i think 05/06 were the same bike and i think 03/04 were the same? did the bike change much from 04 to 05?

any help would be much appreciated

Cheers
Matt

·
Registered
83 Posts
Hey Matt

Im in Brisbane good to another aussie :01_thumbu

I think from the 04,05 an 06 were pretty much all the same only afew twecks here an there. I could be wrong

The 07 has been totally redone and is an absolute weapon. Took one for test ride an couldnt stop grinning.

wish I held off on buying my 04 now.

Im sure there will be plenty of info on here for ya, have been here a short time meself an have read alot of useful stuff.

Try this site mate will give ya heaps of info over the year changes.

http://www.mcnews.com.au/Testing/Honda/CBR600RR/Page1.htm

Ray

·
Registered
7 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Hey Matt

Im in Brisbane good to another aussie :01_thumbu

I think from the 04,05 an 06 were pretty much all the same only afew twecks here an there. I could be wrong

The 07 has been totally redone and is an absolute weapon. Took one for test ride an couldnt stop grinning.

wish I held off on buying my 04 now.

Im sure there will be plenty of info on here for ya, have been here a short time meself an have read alot of useful stuff.

Try this site mate will give ya heaps of info over the year changes.

http://www.mcnews.com.au/Testing/Honda/CBR600RR/Page1.htm

Ray
Great thanks Ray!

I rode an 07 too, bloody nice bike, super quick out of corners!

·
Registered
1,228 Posts
03/04 had regular forks, vs. 05/06 inverted forks. Different swingarms (maybe a stiffer one on the newer model - I don't know for sure), and a little more power every year. Can't go wrong with any of them really.

·
Registered
7 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
03/04 had regular forks, vs. 05/06 inverted forks. Different swingarms (maybe a stiffer one on the newer model - I don't know for sure), and a little more power every year. Can't go wrong with any of them really.
Great mate thanks, thats exactly what i wanted to know.

·
Registered
2,963 Posts
New guy

Hey all, I'm also a new member to this forum, I enjoy reading the chat you guys be having on this site it help me when I need some information on how to fix a part on my bike. I currently have a cbr600rr, but had a cbr600f4i in the past but sold it for this one. I would like to say thank again to paul46rider for the good information he had put out on how to instill the power commander III, that was very helpful to me.

1 - 20 of 26 Posts