Honda CBR 600RR Forum banner
1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
15 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 · (Edited)
I'm Robert, 61 years of age, and just bought a 2021 CBR600RR back in September. Had 1850 miles on it when purchased. Now has 2600. I've ridden it three hours straight so far. Love the bike. I have two others, 2006 Suzuki M109R and 2008 Suzuki B-king. This bike is the one I'll keep if I choose to sell two of them. As you can see from the first pic, I'm not your average 61 year old. LOL!! Guy who owned it prior to me, is in his late 20's, and he couldn't handle the riding position. I'm 61 and it doesn't bother me a bit. Lots of push-ups, pull-ups and sit-ups. helps a lot with this.

I'm not sure what brand the "muffler" is. It came on the bike already. I had some Yoshimura labels, and put them on it because they match the color of the bike, and I like Yoshimura. But, what ever it is, it's "LOUD!!!" Ear plugs required. And I'm going to leave it on there because it looks good. Doesn't sound like a 600 when running.

Tire Wheel Trousers Sky Aircraft
Tire Fuel tank Automotive fuel system Wheel Vehicle
Tire Wheel Fuel tank Vehicle Automotive fuel system
Tire Wheel Vehicle Automotive lighting Automotive tire
Automotive tire Automotive design Gas Motor vehicle Machine
Automotive parking light Tire Wheel Vehicle Automotive lighting
Tire Fuel tank Wheel Vehicle Automotive tire
Tire Sky Wheel Fuel tank Vehicle
Tire Wheel Sky Fuel tank Vehicle

·
Registered
15 Posts
Discussion Starter · #2 · (Edited by Moderator)
I made a new member post, but it hasn't been approved as of yet. I purchased this 2021 with 1850 miles on it, from Oklahoma City Honda Suzuki in September. Came with the exhaust, not sure what brand it is. I just call it "LOUD". I has some Yoshimura labels gathering dust, so I put them on it, just for the looks. They go good with the bikes color. I'm 61 and I love this bike, ridden it three hours non-stop one time so far. Usually my rides are an hour or so. Just wanted to see if I could do it.

The other two bikes are a 2006 Suzuki M19R with a 10 inch rim and a 280 tire, and a 2008 Suzuki B-King.

·
Registered
15 Posts
Discussion Starter · #14 ·
Tinker has B-52's and B-1's. Soon will have the new B-21's. Also the E-3, E-6 (what I work on), KC-10, KC-135, KC-46 and sometimes C-130's. All here for some maintenance. I'm a Sheet Metal Mechanic. Keeping those U.S. Navy E-6's flying. Being Sheet Metal translates to being able to do custom stuff to my four wheel rides. Such as cutting large holes in the hood and putting carbon fiber heat vents on them. Large diameter hood locks. Etc.
Wheel Tire Car Vehicle Grille
Automotive parking light Tire Wheel Automotive side marker light Land vehicle

·
Registered
15 Posts
Discussion Starter · #16 ·
We have all that fancy stuff, and more. We are basically taking broken, cracked or corroded parts off the plane, and replacing them. Either with parts made by some outside company, or we have to make them ourselves. Our biggest issue with the E-6 is corroded front spars. There are 12 altogether. The one we are working on now has six bad spars. The previous one had six. The one prior to that eight. The E-6's are stationed on the left and right coasts, and their mission keeps them flying low over the ocean for hours on end. Dragging a five mile long antenna out of the belly, and a one mile long antenna out the tail cone. While flying in a 45 degree bank turn for hours on end. Communicating with submarines. Very stressful on the airframe. Aluminum doesn't rust, but when it corrodes, it's just as bad, if nor worse.

1 - 8 of 8 Posts